Author Topic: Zimmerman Found Not Guilty  (Read 141102 times)

sheclown

Re: Zimmerman Found Not Guilty
« Reply #615 on: July 20, 2013, 06:59:26 AM »
« Last Edit: July 20, 2013, 07:02:22 AM by sheclown »

sheclown

« Reply #616 on: July 20, 2013, 07:18:00 AM »
"Mary Mary" has joined Stevie Wonder's boycott:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/V7eZD3TKn_M?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/V7eZD3TKn_M?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US</a>

"Just say no to Florida"

http://goblackcentral.com/2013/07/mary-mary-joins-stevie-wonder-and-eddie-levert-in-florida-boycott-boycottflorida/
« Last Edit: July 20, 2013, 07:20:31 AM by sheclown »

sheclown

« Reply #617 on: July 20, 2013, 07:28:03 AM »
...and Eddie Levert

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/7chvixFu-6I?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/7chvixFu-6I?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US</a>

« Last Edit: July 20, 2013, 07:33:41 AM by sheclown »

coredumped

• Huge Member
Re: Trayvon Martin Case plus related discussion of Law and Racism
« Reply #619 on: July 20, 2013, 11:39:28 AM »
I don't know what the president has to do with 1 sole murder. Yes, this issue has brought up some important topics, but isn't the issue here really that someone has died? If it was black on black, or white on white, would it have received as much attention? Why does this have to be about race?

According to the CDC, there are 16,259 homicide injury deaths per year in America. Why was this one so important? I put the responsibility of the (small) number or riots and hate crimes that have come about since the trial solely on CNN, Fox, etc. They covered this trial non-stop even though it was of little significance. It was 1 homicide out of 16,259! Shame on the media, and shame on Obama for acknowledging it.

I guess anything to get the minds off of the (much more important) unconstitutional NSA scandal.

Sidenote: I know this opinion won't be popular, but if the mass media would stop making everything about race maybe we could move forward as a country in that regard.
Jags season ticket holder.

NotNow

« Reply #620 on: July 20, 2013, 12:17:20 PM »
I don't know what the president has to do with 1 sole murder. Yes, this issue has brought up some important topics, but isn't the issue here really that someone has died? If it was black on black, or white on white, would it have received as much attention? Why does this have to be about race?

According to the CDC, there are 16,259 homicide injury deaths per year in America. Why was this one so important? I put the responsibility of the (small) number or riots and hate crimes that have come about since the trial solely on CNN, Fox, etc. They covered this trial non-stop even though it was of little significance. It was 1 homicide out of 16,259! Shame on the media, and shame on Obama for acknowledging it.

I guess anything to get the minds off of the (much more important) unconstitutional NSA scandal.

Sidenote: I know this opinion won't be popular, but if the mass media would stop making everything about race maybe we could move forward as a country in that regard.

yawn.  so you just don't see any connection between the reaction and the laws that made the murder legal?

you really think this is about a solitary killing, which of course, deserves no attention because, you know.....freedom?

The fact is that the law that "made the murder legal" is the right of self defense.  The jury (who heard all of the evidence) decided that Zimmerman rightfully feared for his life while on his back and mounted by Martin.  They decided that the events prior to that did not incriminate Zimmerman. 

I agree with Coredumped that the major reason for the uproar is meia attention and misinformation.  While discussion of race and priviledge is certainly needed, this case is a poor reason for it.

Because you know...truth.
"We may yet become the first nation to die from a terminal case of frivolity. Other great nations in history have been threatened by barbarians at the gates. We may be the first to be threatened by self-indulgent silliness inside the gates." - Thomas Sowell

sheclown

« Reply #621 on: July 20, 2013, 01:05:45 PM »
Protesters marching to the courthouse to demand justice.

« Last Edit: July 20, 2013, 01:07:44 PM by sheclown »

NotNow

« Reply #622 on: July 20, 2013, 01:41:28 PM »

yawn.  so you just don't see any connection between the reaction and the laws that made the murder legal?

you really think this is about a solitary killing, which of course, deserves no attention because, you know.....freedom?

The fact is that the law that "made the murder legal" is the right of self defense.  The jury (who heard all of the evidence) decided that Zimmerman rightfully feared for his life while on his back and mounted by Martin.  They decided that the events prior to that did not incriminate Zimmerman. 

I agree with Coredumped that the major reason for the uproar is meia attention and misinformation.  While discussion of race and priviledge is certainly needed, this case is a poor reason for it.

Because you know...truth.

Just a big alternate universe you guys live in, I think.  It sounds like an interesting place, im sure. 

But your interesting world view aside, here's an idea.

Make up a reason people are angry and ignore common sense,  the evidence and even what those people themselves are saying is their motivations and go with that.

You seem to be basing your account on what happened with the jury based on the Juror who spoke on anderson cooper's show.  Which is interesting, because four of the other jurors signed a public statement (very unusual, btw) refuting her statements, so you are already speaking against the signed statement of the majority of the jurors when you characterize the trial deliberations this way.

Wanna bet you win that big argument you are having with yourself?  I think this might explain the very long record you guys have of being wrong on most of the issues and getting blindsided by the outcomes.

I assume that what you are hearing sounds like "I believe in communism and the mortal end of white people' when I write this, so I don't know why bother.

Politically I suppose it works out for my own interests for you to continue to be in the dark about whats happening in the real world, but its still sad.

I have not seen any interview of any juror.  None of that matters.  The fact is that the jury aquitted.  The only defense put forth was self defense.  The facts are obvious.  Any fantasies about the Zimmerman case are yours.  People are angry because they either disagree with the verdict or they disagree with what they see as an unfair system or both.  That's OK.  I thought this was a manslaughter case myself.  But we should all adhere to the same set of facts.  Fanning the flames with inaccurate information is irresponsible and will not lead to understanding.

Your later statements make no sense.  It appears that you are attempting to call me a racist or bigot without having to say so in english.  Such nonsense is also not helpful. 
« Last Edit: July 20, 2013, 01:43:58 PM by NotNow »
"We may yet become the first nation to die from a terminal case of frivolity. Other great nations in history have been threatened by barbarians at the gates. We may be the first to be threatened by self-indulgent silliness inside the gates." - Thomas Sowell

NotNow

« Reply #623 on: July 20, 2013, 01:49:20 PM »
And I'm just kicking aside the bull$hit.   ;D

NotNow

« Reply #624 on: July 20, 2013, 01:55:48 PM »
As a poster on many of your threads, I see it everywhere.  :)

NotNow

« Reply #625 on: July 20, 2013, 01:59:31 PM »
And so it goes.. Have a good day, StephenDare!  :)

icarus

« Reply #626 on: July 20, 2013, 02:02:56 PM »
I fully support passionate debate, well informed articulated arguments (none of which I have seen here) and the right of everyone to have an opinion but ....

is there a way to block this particular news thread from popping up in the live news feed? Or, can this discussion be taken to a different and perhaps more appropriate venue?

Please and thank you.

Cheshire Cat

Re: When will the killing stop??
« Reply #627 on: July 20, 2013, 02:11:27 PM »
There are a lot of things driving the violence and murder in Jacksonville.  One thing for certain, at least in my view is that this city leadership needs to get their act together and stop the politics that places our "First Responders", police and fire directly in the bulls eye of cuts which in turns leads to them being made the cause of our financial woes.  They are what currently stands between us and continued harm.  I thank them all for their service and their willingness to put their lives before us to keep us safe. 

deathstar, I can tell you that every effort is being made by the JSO to deal with and stem the violence.  I think you should share your deep concern's with the Mayor and the members of council as should everyone who is afraid, concerned or wishes to see things improve.  You can contact them via the city website at COJ.com.  You can also contact organizations like MADDADS and others who are on the front lines fighting crime and give them your support, interaction and time.

coredumped

• Huge Member
« Reply #628 on: July 20, 2013, 02:12:13 PM »

And you (and the nitwits protesting in oakland, shocker) think you know more than a jury who sat on the trial? Comon.

It's just an excuse to riot, no one acted like this then when OJ was acquitted (that was a black on white crime). The jury has found zimmerman innocent of the charge just like OJ was found innocent, both are free of those crimes.

The media should pay more attention to the appalling stat that Mr Jackson above posted, the high number of blacks that are killed. That's a real news story - not 1 murder out of a thousand, which yes, is tragic, all murders are.

I guess it doesn't add up to ratings though.
Jags season ticket holder.

Cheshire Cat

« Reply #629 on: July 20, 2013, 02:39:44 PM »
Have you ever noticed that some of the forum threads kind of end up with this conversation?  lol  I hope everyone accepts this share in the spirit of fun with which I mean it.  :)

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=1394514250766136&set=vb.136336876521150&type=2&theater