Author Topic: It's Time to Welcome Uber to Jacksonville  (Read 32141 times)

David

Re: It's Time to Welcome Uber to Jacksonville
« Reply #120 on: December 11, 2015, 03:29:19 PM »
The 12/10/15 Special Committee on Vehicle for Hire Agenda had at the end of the meeting John Crescimbeni Special Committee member volunteering to pay with his own money for a sting operation to take place On New Years Eve and for the Taxslayer Bowl.

Anyone else feeling sorry for the Baltimore guys 2014-412? Losers.

There was one person at the end of the meeting that was denied an opportunity for Public Comment.

Interesting. What does the sting operation entail, fining Uber drivers?
« Last Edit: December 11, 2015, 03:34:06 PM by David »

Noone

« Reply #122 on: January 04, 2016, 01:05:22 PM »
At the end of the 1/4/16 Finance agenda meeting I asked councilman Crescimbeni about the undercover sting operation that was to target Uber and Lyft drivers for New Years and the Taxslayer Bowl game and it didn't happen.

2014-305 Docking Rules and Penalties. The SEIZURE of your Watercraft for a docking violation.

Noone

« Reply #123 on: January 25, 2016, 10:55:01 PM »

Next meeting of the Special Committee  on vehicles for hire 1/26/16 at 12 at city hall. Open to the Public.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2016, 10:56:57 PM by Noone »

I-10east

« Reply #124 on: January 26, 2016, 07:10:16 PM »
If you're an Uber driver, you could have your car booted in Jacksonville.

http://www.bizjournals.com/jacksonville/news/2016/01/26/if-youre-an-uber-driver-you-could-have-your-car.html

David

« Reply #125 on: January 27, 2016, 11:34:14 AM »
Ah, you'll risk getting booted f you don't have your registration, insurance and background checks completed. I've only done about a dozen or so  trips for Uber . They've dropped their mileage reimbursement to drivers down from .75 cents a mile to .65. Raised their cut to 25% of total fares.  Great for the riders, but not enough to keep me driving for them.

ProjectMaximus

« Reply #126 on: January 30, 2016, 09:31:53 PM »
Anybody ever use Uber early in the morning? I want to leave for the airport around 715-730a on Monday and was planning to uber, but just realized I've never tried to go that early before. Anybody know if I should expect to have issues or not?

Tacachale

« Reply #127 on: January 30, 2016, 10:30:16 PM »
I've used it at that time and earlier with no problem.

ProjectMaximus

« Reply #128 on: January 30, 2016, 10:44:55 PM »
Danke, taca.

Noone

« Reply #129 on: March 21, 2016, 09:52:45 AM »
Next meeting of the Special Committee on vehicles for hire 3/22/16 at 11 am at city hall. Open to the Public. Will there be any media there?

Noone

« Reply #130 on: March 22, 2016, 04:43:51 AM »
6 hours out anyone going?
Land based transportation option.
Water based transportation option.

Noone

« Reply #131 on: March 22, 2016, 07:25:07 AM »
Less than 4 hours out. This should be the meeting that will draft legislation that may have us all saying "Does anyone else feel sorry for the Uber, Lyft Guys and Gals."

Visit Jacksonville!

Noone

« Reply #132 on: March 22, 2016, 10:46:26 PM »
The 3/22/16 Special Committee on Vehicles for Hire handout for the Public included a House of Representatives Staff analysis.
Bill # CS/CS/HB 509 Transportation Network Companies
Sponsors Economic Affairs Committee; Highway and Waterways Subcommittee; Gaetz and others
Summary Analysis
#4 Provides that a person MUST obtain a permit from the Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles (DHSMV) to operate as a TNC
#5 Provides an annual permit fee for TNCs in the amount of $5000, paid to DHSMV
#17 Provides that airports MAY charge an annual fee to TNCs of up to $5000.
The bill has an indeterminate, but positive, fiscal impact on DHSMV. The bill has a potential negative fiscal impact on local governments currently collecting fees from TNCs; however, airports may see a positive fiscal impact from charging fees for the use of airport facilities.

The bill has an effective date of 7/1/2016

The information above does not reflect the intent or official position of the sponsor or House of Representatives. Dated 1/22/16

Does anyone else feel sorry for the .........
Visit Jacksonville!

Noone

« Reply #133 on: March 23, 2016, 07:45:18 PM »
Ah, you'll risk getting booted f you don't have your registration, insurance and background checks completed. I've only done about a dozen or so  trips for Uber . They've dropped their mileage reimbursement to drivers down from .75 cents a mile to .65. Raised their cut to 25% of total fares.  Great for the riders, but not enough to keep me driving for them.

How about a $5000 annual permit fee to DHSMV to participate in a land based transportation option for consumers? Has this been reported anywhere? is it true?

Noone

« Reply #134 on: March 24, 2016, 08:52:15 AM »
Another observation. Public Comment wasn't on the agenda. Never recognized. Even though there was a guy in front of me that had his hand up virtually the whole meeting.
Stay Positive.