Poll

Should an amendment be attached to 2010-604 that would keep the 680' Public Pier separate from the 44 acres that was Shipyards/Landmar?

Yes
44 (91.7%)
No
4 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Voting closed: August 11, 2010, 04:18:46 PM

Author Topic: Downtown Jacksonville Public Pier  (Read 61480 times)

Noone

Re: Downtown Jacksonville Public Pier
« Reply #330 on: April 19, 2012, 08:52:39 PM »
just email him

redman@coj.net

tufsu1 you email him and report back to the group. 

Transform the Pier! tufsu1 are you responsible for Making It Happen? Is this the Lost and Found that Downtown has been looking for? Spoke with Scott Wilson assistant to Don Redman and according to Scott there will be a noticed meeting on the Historic Promised 680' Downtown Public Pier. Shipyards/Landmar 2010-604, 2011-560 and now 2012-212 and all that is being sought is an amendment.

Restore the Public Trust.

We are ALL IN.

Anti redneck

« Reply #331 on: April 19, 2012, 09:38:04 PM »
So, I want to make sure I understand this properly. This is to open up the St. Johns River to the public, am I correct? Simple details on what this does.

Noone

« Reply #332 on: April 20, 2012, 04:30:22 AM »
YES.
It will all be discussed at the noticed Public meeting that Scott Wilson is setting up. Please call and we will all then be able to find out the details. 630-1377. The meeting needs to take place prior to the passage of 2012-212, 213 the city reorg. Pending active legislation.

Garden guy

« Reply #333 on: April 20, 2012, 07:32:34 AM »
why would redman need an assistant?

Noone

« Reply #334 on: April 21, 2012, 06:39:09 AM »
Has any MJ'er reached out to Jacksonville city councilman Don Redman? Has any guest or lurker who reads this forum for information that pertains to our city that is not reported anywhere else contacted any council member and ask if they will attach an amendment to 2012-212 to keep even the first 25' or 50' to be separate and outside the total Govt. takeover with this yet to be voted on DIA? Call it RAM II

We will have Shipyards III

Has anyone seen the Ron Barton memo warning the Jacksonville city council about Landmar?
Palms Fish Camp. Anyone? This is a LOST and FIND issue.
2011-364-a $1 a year for 30 years. Sign me up. Hemming Plaza next?
The total collapse of an Urban Core CPAC
Cherry picked pieces of legislation at Waterways.
The Public Park at Berkman Plaza-Plaza at Berkman. Is just one slip at the marina designated for Public use?
Alterations to the Comp plan as it relates to the Waterways?
McCoys Creek and Hogans Creek next as it relates to a perceived Public, Private, Partnership?

I heard back from Scott Wilson not Don and there WILL NOT be a noticed meeting. Don't ask me why I don't here from my elected legislative representative.

Can even one MJ'er post there experience on this?

The absolute total destruction of the Public Trust in this community.

Does anybody care?

So on a positive note who wants to kayak and fish under our brand new no fishing signs never before Waterways in our soon to be voted on new total Govt. takeover Downtown Authority.

I am Downtown and why you aren't.

Adam W

« Reply #335 on: April 21, 2012, 07:08:23 AM »
Has any MJ'er reached out to Jacksonville city councilman Don Redman? Has any guest or lurker who reads this forum for information that pertains to our city that is not reported anywhere else contacted any council member and ask if they will attach an amendment to 2012-212 to keep even the first 25' or 50' to be separate and outside the total Govt. takeover with this yet to be voted on DIA? Call it RAM II

We will have Shipyards III

Has anyone seen the Ron Barton memo warning the Jacksonville city council about Landmar?
Palms Fish Camp. Anyone? This is a LOST and FIND issue.
2011-364-a $1 a year for 30 years. Sign me up. Hemming Plaza next?
The total collapse of an Urban Core CPAC
Cherry picked pieces of legislation at Waterways.
The Public Park at Berkman Plaza-Plaza at Berkman. Is just one slip at the marina designated for Public use?
Alterations to the Comp plan as it relates to the Waterways?
McCoys Creek and Hogans Creek next as it relates to a perceived Public, Private, Partnership?

I heard back from Scott Wilson not Don and there WILL NOT be a noticed meeting. Don't ask me why I don't here from my elected legislative representative.

Can even one MJ'er post there experience on this?

The absolute total destruction of the Public Trust in this community.

Does anybody care?

So on a positive note who wants to kayak and fish under our brand new no fishing signs never before Waterways in our soon to be voted on new total Govt. takeover Downtown Authority.

It would be a lot easier to care if I could tell what the hell you were on about.

tufsu1

« Reply #336 on: April 21, 2012, 09:33:44 AM »
why would redman need an assistant?

all council members (except Crescimbeni) have them....although many are sharing assistants now

Noone

« Reply #337 on: April 22, 2012, 06:56:06 AM »
just email him

redman@coj.net

tufsu1 you email him and report back to the group. 

Reporting back to the group. Heard back from Scott Wilson not Don Redman and my question to the group is can one councilman have a noticed meeting? I'd say YES.

As for the Urban Core CPAC Chris Parrish and  everyone who was at that meeting and heard Lisa Rinaman with the administration tell everyone that she supports the  pier and her response was with a YES.  Still waiting on that letter of support.

2012-212 and 2012-213 can these pieces of legislation become law in two days?

tufsu1

« Reply #338 on: April 22, 2012, 08:52:24 AM »
remember that Lisa Rinaman is now the Riverkeeper

Noone

« Reply #339 on: April 22, 2012, 01:52:58 PM »
Just one MJ'er who was at the Urban Core CPAC and heard the administration support the pier. This is key. Look at the pole. The only thing that is changing is the legislation. Instead of 2010-604 its 2012-212. Littlepage in his column today even says "the council will make changes to the legislation."  Will they?

Can one councilman have a noticed meeting?

Be concerned. Especially if you were at that Urban Core CPAC meeting. This is how the administration will shut out economic opportunity to the little guy especially as it relates to our St. Johns River our American Heritage River a Federal Initiative.

Noone

« Reply #340 on: April 24, 2012, 08:21:38 AM »
In less than 5 hours an epoch RCD subcommittee meeting on 2012-212, and 2012-213 our city reorg at 1 in Conf. room A city hall.

Has even 1 MJ'er contacted any city council member about an amendment that can be attached to 2012-212 that would even keep the first 25' or 50' of the Shipyards/Landmar pier outside of the total govt. control of this yet to be voted on DIA?

Look at the original pole.
Nothing is changing?
Stick your hand out.
Palms Fish Camp? Anyone. FIND money?
We are so LOST.
Lets reclaim the Public Trust.

Noone

« Reply #341 on: April 25, 2012, 04:36:26 AM »
In less than 10 hours an epoch Rules and Finance meeting on 2012-212, and 2012-213 that was rescheduled because of a lack of due process will take place in council chambers.

Yesterdays RCDPHS subcommittee meeting would have you believe that there is no communication at all between the Mayors office and the city council.

A complete and total absolute Government takeover and just give us all the Authority in the world with little or no oversite and we will solve everything. That is the impression that was left with people who were there and heard what may happen.

Who wants to be a 501-c?

2010-675 USS Adams - one amendment

2010-604, 2011-560, 2012-212, Ron Barton memo, Shipyards/Landmar- one lousy amendment for just 25' or 50' to our Historic Promised 680' Downtown Public Pier.

Are you kidding me! We are a JOKE!

Noone

« Reply #342 on: May 07, 2012, 06:54:33 AM »
remember that Lisa Rinaman is now the Riverkeeper

Still haven't heard back from the administration on a resolution of support for the Historic Promised 680'Downtown Public Pier (Shipyards III)
that she told an Urban Core CPAC when she was a guest speaker.

City council meeting Tues.
Waterways Wend.
Councilman Redman single handidly is leading the conspiracy to just crush and destroy the Public Trust as it relates to Public Access and Economic opportunity to our St. Johns River our American Heritage River a Federal Initiative.
Don't be afraid of this.
A complete and total Govt. takeover of our Downtown.
And you can't have one pier for the Public outside the control of the DIA?

Noone

« Reply #343 on: May 09, 2012, 08:36:18 AM »
Jacksonville Waterways Commission meeting in an hour.

Epoch opportunity for chair of Waterways Don Redman to reclaim Public Access and Economic opportunity by attaching an amendment to 2012-212 that could keep the Public Pier outside the control of this yet to be voted on DIA.

Don Shea has said that he can support a friendly amendment.

Councilman Gaffney has called me and said that he wants the pier separate.

What is the penalty for trespassing at the marina at Berkman Plaza-Plaza at Berkman? Nobody knew at the recent Urban Core CPAC meeting. Is one slip of the 50 slip marina allowed for the PUBLIC?

The Pier and the marina are important as it relates to a safety issue for kayaking downtown. This was brought to the attention of elected officials at numerous Public meetings. 

Noone

« Reply #344 on: May 18, 2012, 02:10:05 AM »
Jacksonville is so Lost and needs to FIND FIND.

The May 9Th Jacksonville Waterways Commission meeting was full of hide and seek as it relates to FIND.

Going from the Jacksonville Waterways Commission meeting minutes of the April 11, 2012 in attendance: Council members Don Redman chair, John Crescimbeni vice chair, Gary Anderson, Lane Burnett, Edward Fleming, Ralph Hodges, Raymond Pringle, Scott Shine, Stephen Swann, Penny Thompson, state Representative Lake Ray; councilmembers Jim Love, Robin Lumb, Bill Bishop was excused; Kristina Nelson OGC; Dr. Quinton White, Dr. Gerard Pinto JU; Capt. Jim Suber Waterwys coordinator COJ; Jessica Stephens, Legislative Assistant; Lisa Rinaman, St. Johns Riverkeeper; Tera Meeks, Chief Waterfront Management; Capt. Mike  Getchell Jacksonville Marine Transportation Exchange; Dave Roman, Administration; James McLaughlin, National Oceanic &Atmospheric Administration; Capt. Roger Bump, Capt. Vic Tison, John Nooney, Recreational Fishing Alliance; David Chapman, Financial News & Daily Record; Scott Wilson, Donna Barrow, Kevin Kuzel, Executive Council Assistants; John J. Jackson, Council Research Division.

First on the agenda was pending legislation that will be voted on at the 5/22/12 Jacksonville city council meeting and its a resolution 2012-273 for 4 FIND (Florida Inland Navigation District) projects.

The Public Trust has just been crushed in this community.
Jacksonville is Lost.
FIND is Good.
Some amendments will be attached to this resolution. There is no doubt that there will be a reevaluation of the FIND process in Duval county.

Who will get the million dollar payday for Palms Fish Camp?

2012-212 the city re-org can still have an amendment attached as it relates to the Pier. That is a fact. Still waiting on the letter from the Riverkeeper. The commissioners of FIND represent the east coast of the state of Florida. We are a joke.

Do you really believe for a second that we are getting more Public Access and Economic Opportunity on our St. Johns River our American Heritage River a Federal Initiative in our Downtown Authority Zone? We aren't!