Author Topic: What is N.O.I.S.E.  (Read 1741 times)

Ocklawaha

What is N.O.I.S.E.
« on: May 20, 2013, 10:51:31 AM »
I just had an epiphany. We the citizens are standing beside the curb as our history is being demolished. We have a 33 year old plan for streetcars that is to date... a 33 year old plan. We have an unfinished Skyway that should have never been built, but since the city decided to commit to its construction it should have been finished. We've got parking meters that chase retail and restaurant operators out of downtown. Out of downtown? What's left of our downtown anyway. We have a pissing contest between The Landing and the city as old as the landing itself. A promise of the 600' public pier and a new face for an expanded Riverwalk both of which have gone nowhere. Finally we have a city council that ran right over the public wishes for the full implementation of the Mobility Plan, then with a wave of a hand called the concerned citizens NOISE!

I started wondering just what 'NOISE' is? Could it be a grass roots movement? Could NOISE become an acronym for a citizens task force? What is N.O.I.S.E.? What does it stand for?

Debbie Thompson

Re: What is N.O.I.S.E.
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2013, 12:40:37 PM »
Great idea.  If we can't think of words to go with an acronym, we can just make white t-shirts with large plain black lettering that simply say "I AM NOISE" and show up at council meetings wearing them.  :-)

And if we can...then we can make it "I AM N.O.I.S.E."  :-)

Noone

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2013, 01:10:27 PM »
No
One
Is
Seriously
Engaged

I'm All In.

So who wants to kayak and fish under the brand new No Fishing signs that was never before Waterways and we'll put in at a Public Park that needs a Mayor Brown Kayak logo in our new DIA zone.

Noone

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2013, 06:01:48 PM »
No
One
Is
Seriously
Engaged

I'm All In.

So who wants to kayak and fish under the brand new No Fishing signs that was never before Waterways and we'll put in at a Public Park that needs a Mayor Brown Kayak logo in our new DIA zone.

^It must be working. MJ matched its highest online number today 1513. Good stuff.

Noone

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2016, 04:10:58 PM »
2016-18 Our FIND grant projects list less than 24 hours out. Anyone going to the 9am 2/16/16 Finance Agenda meeting? Will the Educational Community be supporting  JWC member Ray Pringle's amendment for an ADA Handicapped Watercraft hand launch at the School Board property? Will there be any media there? Stay Positive.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2016, 07:17:43 PM by Noone »

Noone

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2016, 05:43:48 AM »
 2016-18 our FIND (Florida Inland Navigation District) our property tax money in Finance today and RCDPHS tomorrow. 100's of thousands of our dollars.  Will anyone be there? The Finance agenda meeting is at 9. Lori Boyer is expected to withdraw a floating dock on the Southbank that will trigger an opportunity for the Wheel Chair Gang also on the Southbank. Finance agenda meeting at 9am 4th floor city hall. Open to the Public. Will anyone representing the Educational communities be there?

Noone

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2016, 07:28:06 AM »
NOISE?
2016-18 in RCDPHS today. Will any media be at the 9 am agenda meetingt besides FOLIO? The Positive inclusion of a taxpayer project for the Wheelchair  Gang. Stay Positive. Full RCDPHS meeting at 9:30 am on TV in council chambers.

Noone

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2016, 07:07:46 AM »
In 4 days 5/9/16 noticed meeting at 10 am 4th floor of city hall. Conference room A. Open to the Public. Waterways component for COJ Waterway access to meet the DOJ settlement agreement for ADA Compliance. Will any media be there? Jacksonville Waterways Commission meeting 2 days later 5/11/16 at 9:30 am in council chambers. Open to the Public.

Stay Positive.