Author Topic: Zimmerman Found Not Guilty  (Read 139562 times)

Cheshire Cat

Re: Zimmerman Found Not Guilty
« Reply #210 on: July 15, 2013, 03:34:42 PM »
Actually, the FBI did an investigation on Zimmerman and came to the conclusion that he wasn't racist. 

And as far as I'm aware - the only racist that night was Trayvon Martin.  Or maybe you consider "crazy-ass cracker" an endearing term?
The difference is that Trayvon was a teenager and teenagers say stupid stuff.  I think for him the statement was simply a descriptive in his mind and frankly, he was a kid being followed by a "cracker" in his view.  No big deal.

duvalbill

« Reply #211 on: July 15, 2013, 03:34:56 PM »
By the way, I am not going to participate in a debate about whether or not the case is about racism.  For me it is about irresponsible gun laws, created by the very people who want more proliferation of guns.

It's hard to take this post seriously after you say:

"...anyone who thinks this isn't anything but a state-sanctioned lynching is being naive covertly racist."

JeffreyS

« Reply #212 on: July 15, 2013, 03:36:22 PM »

Jameson

« Reply #213 on: July 15, 2013, 03:36:47 PM »
By the way, I am not going to participate in a debate about whether or not the case is about racism.  For me it is about irresponsible gun laws, created by the very people who want more proliferation of guns.

"...anyone who thinks this isn't anything but a state-sanctioned lynching is being naive covertly racist."

:D

mikew

« Reply #214 on: July 15, 2013, 03:37:18 PM »
An idiot poster?  I thought you had more class than that.

I believe it was you who stated:

"NO ONE questions the fact that profiling happened, and thats about as racist as it gets."

No, that's only in your mind. No one knows went through Zimmerman's mind that night.

MEGATRON

« Reply #215 on: July 15, 2013, 03:37:41 PM »
Actually, the FBI did an investigation on Zimmerman and came to the conclusion that he wasn't racist. 

And as far as I'm aware - the only racist that night was Trayvon Martin.  Or maybe you consider "crazy-ass cracker" an endearing term?
The difference is that Trayvon was a teenager and teenagers say stupid stuff.  I think for him the statement was simply a descriptive in his mind and frankly, he was a kid being followed by a "cracker" in his view.  No big deal.
That's no different than saying profiling is no big deal.

Jameson

« Reply #216 on: July 15, 2013, 03:39:00 PM »
sorry, i didnt see this in the mix, Jameson.

My post was clearly in response to Diane's comments about the failures of the prosecution, and I was commenting on that narrow subject. 

People are allowed to talk about whatever they like, thats part of life and a controversial case being argued in public.  This will not be either the first or last time that a victim is smeared through 'opposition research'.

But my comments were restricted to the execution of the prosecution.

You were mistaken, and I accept your apology. ;)

But you never clarified. Were you or were you not referring to "negatives" about Trayvon's past having nothing to do with the case?

duvalbill

« Reply #217 on: July 15, 2013, 03:40:02 PM »

...anyone who thinks this isn't anything but a state-sanctioned lynching is being naive covertly racist.

you are free to take whatever you like, in good health.

and you're free to live out the lyrics to a certain Dead or Alive song.

Cheshire Cat

« Reply #218 on: July 15, 2013, 03:42:06 PM »

No, not really.  I think you have to consider context.  As a mother of two son's they have said many things that on the surface could be misunderstood or taken wrong when they were teens.  It's context that counts and his "cracker" statement was no where close to racial profiling.  ;)  Lord have mercy, if everything I said or did as a teenager were held up as proof of my inner soul, I can't imagine what a person could claim about me.  lol

Jameson

« Reply #219 on: July 15, 2013, 03:47:44 PM »

My post was clearly in response to Diane's comments about the failures of the prosecution, and I was commenting on that narrow subject. 

People are allowed to talk about whatever they like, thats part of life and a controversial case being argued in public.  This will not be either the first or last time that a victim is smeared through 'opposition research'.

But you never clarified. Were you or were you not referring to "negatives" about Trayvon's past having nothing to do with the case?

I have clarified my statement.  If you agree with that, then I will answer your second question about my opinion as to the relevance of trayvons facebook page on his murder.

Where did you clarify?

A simple yes or no will suffice: Were you or were you not referring to "negatives" about Trayvon's past having nothing to do with the case?

MEGATRON

« Reply #220 on: July 15, 2013, 03:49:45 PM »

No, not really.  I think you have to consider context.  As a mother of two son's they have said many things that on the surface could be misunderstood or taken wrong when they were teens.  It's context that counts and his "cracker" statement was no where close to racial profiling.  ;)  Lord have mercy, if everything I said or did as a teenager were held up as proof of my inner soul, I can't imagine what a person could claim about me.  lol
What about, in this case, where that same 17 year old was alleged to have hid in bushes and jumped a guy as he came by?  Then do his statements 4 minutes earlier matter?

Cheshire Cat

« Reply #221 on: July 15, 2013, 03:57:31 PM »

What about, in this case, where that same 17 year old was alleged to have hid in bushes and jumped a guy as he came by?  Then do his statements 4 minutes earlier matter?
No one that I know of made a claim anywhere in the trial that had Trayvon hiding in the bushes.  Zimmerman himself only stated that he came up to him from his left side. That is what his testimony was.  No one ever said Trayvon was hiding in bushes. 
« Last Edit: July 15, 2013, 04:16:45 PM by Cheshire Cat »

Jameson

« Reply #223 on: July 15, 2013, 04:00:07 PM »

I have clarified my statement.  If you agree with that, then I will answer your second question about my opinion as to the relevance of trayvons facebook page on his murder.

Where did you clarify?

A simple yes or no will suffice: Were you or were you not referring to "negatives" about Trayvon's past having nothing to do with the case?

You made the comment: Angela Corey was undermined by her own staff, leaking negatives about a teenager that had nothing to do with his murder and had a pretty huge task in front of her.

The underlined part is your opinion - leaking negatives about a teenager has nothing to do with his murder.

So negatives about Trayvon and his past have nothing to do with the case?

Yet on the other hand, you see Zimmerman's past as completely relevant and having something to do with the case.

Got it.  ;)

JeffreyS

« Reply #224 on: July 15, 2013, 04:01:35 PM »
You mean stuff like in the past he has purchased and eaten skittles without incident?