Author Topic: Zimmerman Found Not Guilty  (Read 139555 times)

I-10east

Re: Zimmerman Found Not Guilty
« Reply #285 on: July 16, 2013, 07:51:25 AM »
I couldn't find the Mississippi case, which is why it is helpful when you post a link to where you get your info, but I am sure it has been embellished.

To me whether this violence is from an 'official' Treyvon rally or not is irrelevant; Bottomline people are being assaulted by this scum making Treyvon a martyr to 'justify' their heinous actions. Of course the liberal media has no interest in these assaults because 'everything is okay'. These MSNBC 'progressives' should be known as regressives, with their constant lies and race-baiting;  They set the entire country back thirty years! Thanks MSNBC, and the rest of the liberal media, thanks....SMH

Mississippi- www.wreg.com/2013/07/15/man-claims-attack-was-trayvon-retaliation/

« Last Edit: July 16, 2013, 08:29:20 AM by I-10east »

JayBird

« Reply #286 on: July 16, 2013, 08:16:00 AM »

To me whether this violence is from an 'official' Treyvon rally or not is irrelevant; Bottomline people are being assaulted by this scum making Treyvon a martyr to 'justify' their heinous actions. Of course the liberal media has no interest in these assaults because 'everything is okay'. These MSNBC 'progressives' should be known as regressives, with their constant lies and race-baiting;  They set the entire country back thirty years! Thanks MSNBC, and the rest of the liberal media, thanks....SMH

Mississippi- www.wreg.com/2013/07/15/man-claims-attack-was-trayvon-retaliation/

Alabama- www.loop21.com/life/revenge-for-trayvon-martin-beating-mobile-alabama

That's a shame because taking it out of context only spurs hate and bigotry. Also your Alabama posting has nothing to do with it, due to the fact that it happened over a year ago. And by 'scum' do you mean all young males? All black males? All those wearing a hoodie? Please do not generalize. A few incidents a calamity does not make.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2013, 08:19:50 AM by JayBird »

I-10east

« Reply #287 on: July 16, 2013, 08:26:37 AM »
That's a shame because taking it out of context only spurs hate and bigotry. Also your Alabama posting has nothing to do with it, due to the fact that it happened over a year ago. And by 'scum' do you mean all young males? All black males? All those wearing a hoodie? Please do not generalize. A few incidents a calamity does not make.

Right on about that old Alabama posting, my bad. Yeah, by scum I mean the people who are doing these racially motivated attacks; They happen to be black, and so do I BTW. Why is color brought up whenever someone is black? If the people were white, and I said scum no one would say anything. Regardless of color, why stick up for those assailants anyway? I know I sound like a right-winger regarding the MSNBC bashing, but believe me I call the conservatives out when they do something stupid also. I refuse to be put into a bubble of lies, liberal or conservative.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2013, 08:41:56 AM by I-10east »

KenFSU

« Reply #288 on: July 16, 2013, 08:35:10 AM »
I really found this juror's comments to be infuriating.

That poor, sympathetic George Zimmerman, heart full of love, just found himself in the wrong place at the wrong time.

"I think George Zimmerman is a man whose heart was in the right place, but just got displaced by the vandalism in the neighborhoods, and wanting to catch these people so badly that he went above and beyond what he really should have done," she said.

If anything, Zimmerman was guilty of not using "good judgment," the juror said.

"When he was in the car, and he had called 911, he shouldn't have gotten out of that car," she said.

She also said she believes Martin threw the first punch in the confrontation that followed.

"I think George got in a little bit too deep, which he shouldn't have been there. But Trayvon decided that he wasn't going to let him scare him ... and I think Trayvon got mad and attacked him," she said.

thelakelander

• Metro Jacksonville
« Reply #289 on: July 16, 2013, 08:44:47 AM »
Most people who commit crimes are guilty of not using good judgement. I had to bite my lip on that quote.  Zimmerman's attorneys did a great job, considering they've convinced the jury that he's the victim instead of the kid who died as a result of him not using "good judgment". 

JayBird

« Reply #290 on: July 16, 2013, 09:09:54 AM »
^the lawyers also did a great job on jury selection as it is has been proven that it is harder for a woman to sentence someone. The female brain will look at a male offender in a motherly view whereas a male brain will typically assign the attributes of someone whom he personally knew that broke the law to base his decision.

AKIRA

« Reply #291 on: July 16, 2013, 09:12:52 AM »
brain profiling?

JayBird

« Reply #292 on: July 16, 2013, 09:14:58 AM »

Right on about that old Alabama posting, my bad. Yeah, by scum I mean the people who are doing these racially motivated attacks; They happen to be black, and so do I BTW. Why is color brought up whenever someone is black? If the people were white, and I said scum no one would say anything. Regardless of color, why stick up for those assailants anyway? I know I sound like a right-winger regarding the MSNBC bashing, but believe me I call the conservatives out when they do something stupid also. I refuse to be put into a bubble of lies, liberal or conservative.

No one is sticking up for them, it's more like let's not blow it out of proportion. And if notice I only used attributes that were pertinent to this case.  Had Trayvon been Asian or one the attackers in your selected articles been Indian I would've said that.  No racial intention implied, interesting that's how you perceived it.  Maybe that shows the underlying issue in our communities.

JayBird

« Reply #293 on: July 16, 2013, 09:20:06 AM »
brain profiling?

Haha believe it or not is very true. My college roommate now works in Tulsa and that is all he does, analyze people for jury selections and prospective employees for corporations. Heck there are even studies going on right now at Eckerd University in St Pete to determine if one will return to prison solely based on their facial expression from a release day mugshot.

KenFSU

« Reply #294 on: July 16, 2013, 09:37:57 AM »
I know someone mentioned Emmett Till, but the case that this more eerily resembles is the Rudolph Hargett murder that took place in Jacksonville the night after the MLK assassination.

The more things change...

A year later:

AKIRA

« Reply #295 on: July 16, 2013, 09:43:55 AM »
It seems we are designed to look for (a profile established by) patterns.  Thats basically what an IQ test is - a search for order within the questions to find the right answer.  The more attuned to patterns, higher the score.

One question is how much of GZ belief TM was suspicious is based on TM being black versus suspiciousness based on behavior, time of day, environment, etc.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2013, 11:07:06 AM by AKIRA »

JayBird

« Reply #296 on: July 16, 2013, 10:06:51 AM »
^to which only GZ can positively attest to, which therein lies the dilemma leaving room for interpretation, manipulation and thus fostering passionate debate.

sheclown

« Reply #297 on: July 16, 2013, 10:47:24 AM »
Oh come on.

Demosthenes

« Reply #298 on: July 16, 2013, 12:18:03 PM »
Most people who commit crimes are guilty of not using good judgement. I had to bite my lip on that quote.  Zimmerman's attorneys did a great job, considering they've convinced the jury that he's the victim instead of the kid who died as a result of him not using "good judgment".

Isnt that really the crux of it? Had Travon simply gone home, or called the cops, rather than confronting Zimmerman, nobody would have died. There is no indication that Zimmerman was itching to kill, and seemingly was doing what so many other people across the country do in patrolling his neighborhood. Was he perhaps a bit too agressive? Arguably, perhaps, but the truth appears that he did not confront Travon martin. He followed him. He called the non-emergency number, he gave an accurate description, and only when he was physically confronted did bad shit happen.

The lesson for us to teach our children is, if you feel like a creep is following you, remove yourself from the situation, and call the police. If you dont trust the police, then go somewhere you feel safe, and lock the door.

I am not justifying anything by saying this. Its sad that Travon is dead, and its also sad that Zimmerman, a guy who thought he was being a good neighbor has now been vilified, and will forever have blood on his hands.

sheclown

« Reply #299 on: July 16, 2013, 01:04:32 PM »
He will forever have blood on his hands because he has blood on his hands.