Author Topic: Zimmerman Found Not Guilty  (Read 139556 times)

I-10east

Re: Zimmerman Found Not Guilty
« Reply #420 on: July 17, 2013, 05:50:06 AM »
I'm gonna say my unpopular, and unbiased take on this whole Zimmerman thing for the last time, because I don't see colors unlike alot of people. To be honest, I'm sick and tired of this entire situation. I'm aware of Seminole County's history of racism, the reason that Duval had to take over, although IMO this was the wrong case at the wrong time, and a mountain was made out of a molehill, thanks to the 'gotcha' media, and the outrage. Duval, or Seminole, the outcome would still be the same.

This was a railroad attempt from the get-go; CSX, Norfolk Southern, and Union Pacific all together don't have the track mileage that this Zimmerman railroad attempt has. Why you ask? Because Angela Corey clearly withheld key evidence, Trayvon's capability in MMA ie punch in the nose, and mount & ground and pound (from his cell phone). Like it or not, that was evidence that was supposed to be turned over. What's a more significant event, getting out of a car (which isn't illegal) not following through a comment from a dispatcher (again not illegal) or getting blasted in the face, mounted and beaten the crap out of? Enough of that. People say that 'Angela Corey should've pursued manslaughter'. Well, in this railroad attempt, the judge put manslaughter on the table at the last minute along with the original charge murder 2. So I don't get why people are mad with Corey on that, I don't believe that this methodical jury was 'confused' whatsoever.

I don't see any additional charges on Zimmerman. Eric Holder from the NAACP pretty much conceded that in the Orlando convention (Federal charges) as he focused on 'changing laws' to keep the masses in check. What laws changed? I dunno. Besides, the Feds already looked through this case. Regarding a civil case, a self defense case (which this is, don't know why some or talking 'stand your ground') Zimmerman should have immunity. These protests are classic 'selective outrage' from the black community. Hundreds and hundreds of Trayvon's are murdered in black on black violence throughout the US, yet this Zimmerman thing (which can be argued either way, and that evidence pointing mainly ONE way) remains the focal point. I'm done with this overblown trial, SMH...

sheclown

« Reply #421 on: July 17, 2013, 07:08:56 AM »
Gloria, can you share why it is your view this is all about race and that those who refuse to draw the same conclusion are in denial or discomfort?  What in your mind makes you sure that race was the driving factor in the unfortunate incident that ended with the death of Trayvon?

CHARLES M. BLOW says it much better than I could.

New York Times

Op-Ed Columnist
The Whole System Failed Trayvon Martin
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/07/16/opinion/the-whole-system-failed.html?_r=0
« Last Edit: July 17, 2013, 07:19:56 AM by sheclown »

duvalbill

« Reply #422 on: July 17, 2013, 07:21:41 AM »
That's just a stupid article, and I hope you can say it better than that.

One horrible event that likely had nothing to do with race, and now no African American is safe in this country.  Never mind that Florida law led to the acquittal, and not every state has the same laws.

4thlittle

« Last Edit: July 17, 2013, 08:27:43 AM by 4thlittle »

thelakelander

• Metro Jacksonville
« Reply #424 on: July 17, 2013, 08:26:35 AM »
I'm gonna say my unpopular, and unbiased take on this whole Zimmerman thing for the last time, because I don't see colors unlike alot of people. To be honest, I'm sick and tired of this entire situation. I'm aware of Seminole County's history of racism, the reason that Duval had to take over, although IMO this was the wrong case at the wrong time, and a mountain was made out of a molehill, thanks to the 'gotcha' media, and the outrage. Duval, or Seminole, the outcome would still be the same.

This was a railroad attempt from the get-go; CSX, Norfolk Southern, and Union Pacific all together don't have the track mileage that this Zimmerman railroad attempt has. Why you ask? Because Angela Corey clearly withheld key evidence, Trayvon's capability in MMA ie punch in the nose, and mount & ground and pound (from his cell phone). Like it or not, that was evidence that was supposed to be turned over. What's a more significant event, getting out of a car (which isn't illegal) not following through a comment from a dispatcher (again not illegal) or getting blasted in the face, mounted and beaten the crap out of? Enough of that. People say that 'Angela Corey should've pursued manslaughter'. Well, in this railroad attempt, the judge put manslaughter on the table at the last minute along with the original charge murder 2. So I don't get why people are mad with Corey on that, I don't believe that this methodical jury was 'confused' whatsoever.

I don't see any additional charges on Zimmerman. Eric Holder from the NAACP pretty much conceded that in the Orlando convention (Federal charges) as he focused on 'changing laws' to keep the masses in check. What laws changed? I dunno. Besides, the Feds already looked through this case. Regarding a civil case, a self defense case (which this is, don't know why some or talking 'stand your ground') Zimmerman should have immunity. These protests are classic 'selective outrage' from the black community. Hundreds and hundreds of Trayvon's are murdered in black on black violence throughout the US, yet this Zimmerman thing (which can be argued either way, and that evidence pointing mainly ONE way) remains the focal point. I'm done with this overblown trial, SMH...

I won't go through all of this, other to say we need to worry about all crime, black-on-black, white-on-white, green-on-green, whatever.  Let's stop acting like one skin color has problems and no others do. Being black, it's kind of insulting. As people, we're all the same. Crime isn't racial.  The stronger correlation is economic and environmental. Even with GZ, one can argue the environment helped lead GZ to being an over zealous neighborhood watch dude.

As for this particular case, the law allows the killing.  That's the main problem most people have with the outcome. Nevertheless, it's pretty easy to see that they'll eventually hit GZ with something else like a civil suit as the process works it's way through the system. He'll live out the rest of his days in fear, hiding and being broke. 

However, the ongoing issue for those in opposition will be to modify whatever allows for aggressors to start a conflict and kill the victim in self defense as soon as the victim gets the best of them.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2013, 08:28:16 AM by thelakelander »

sheclown

« Reply #425 on: July 17, 2013, 08:53:35 AM »
I suppose I see it as "stand your ground" is a symptom of a larger problem.  And it most definitely needs to go away.  But when it is gone, what will take its place?

Already there are boycotts called against Florida and its merchants. 

I love living in the south, the heat and the humidity even.  The spanish moss dripping from cool looking trees.  Things that scurry around in the low lying vegetation as I walk by.

I love the thunderstorms which open up in the midst of sunny skies and leave you wondering what will happen next, and the way the world sounds sort of muffled sometimes by the canopy of humidity.

But I don't love the oppressive racism which is so prevalent and yet so denied -- the rest of the world sees it.  But we don't?

I am a transplant from up north.  Perhaps that alters my world view.

At the end of it all, this case validates the idea that is it appropriate to be afraid of a young black man. 
« Last Edit: July 17, 2013, 09:01:25 AM by sheclown »

duvalbill

« Reply #426 on: July 17, 2013, 09:02:31 AM »

But I don't love the oppressive racism which is so prevalent and yet so denied -- the rest of the world sees it.  But we don't?

At the end of it all, this trial tells us that is it appropriate to be afraid of a young black man.

Yeah, the North is just known as the bastion of racial harmony.

And no, the trial didn't tell us that. 

MEGATRON

« Reply #427 on: July 17, 2013, 09:11:48 AM »

What a ridiculous statement.

duvalbill

« Reply #428 on: July 17, 2013, 09:18:54 AM »

At the end of it all, this trial tells us that is it appropriate to be afraid of a young black man.

Yeah, the North is just known as the bastion of racial harmony.

And no, the trial didn't tell us that.

Perhaps it didnt tell you that.

So one man using lethal force in response to being attacked told you it's, "appropriate to be afraid of young, Black men"?

What did the OJ decision tell you? 

Is it really that hard to allow a single decision to be just that? 

thelakelander

• Metro Jacksonville
« Reply #429 on: July 17, 2013, 09:25:46 AM »
The trial tells me that if I have a concealed weapons permit, I can go provoke duvalbill into an altercation and if I feel my life is being threatened, I can then use my weapon to end duvalbill's existence (in the name of self defense of course) and not worry about doing any time behind bars.  Seems pretty unreasonable to me. Personally, I believe something allowing this exact situation to happen should be changed.

duvalbill

« Reply #430 on: July 17, 2013, 09:37:37 AM »
The trial tells me that if I have a concealed weapons permit, I can go provoke duvalbill into an altercation and if I feel my life is being threatened, I can then use my weapon to end duvalbill's existence (in the name of self defense of course) and not worry about doing any time behind bars.  Seems pretty unreasonable to me. Personally, I believe something allowing this exact situation to happen should be changed.

This I can agree with, but I don't know why racial overtones were thrust into this matter to begin with.

Zimmerman's friend even tried to go on air to show that his friend wasn't racist, but that didn't stop people from asserting "profiling."  In fact, many in the media seemingly  suggested that he was an "Uncle Tom," or not a good friend to him.

The irony was and is palpable.  On one hand, many in the media labeled Zimmerman a racist without knowing him, and then seek to discredit a person who actually knew him.

duvalbill

« Reply #431 on: July 17, 2013, 09:38:47 AM »
When some psychotic white guy kills classrooms full of small children, we are told not to worry:  its just a psycho---not typical, not rational, doesnt pertain to the rest of responsible gun owners.

And people, while hesitant, reluctantly decide on the side of reasonableness and optimism and acquiesce.

But here is an example of a person who has shot another child to death, a person who we are now being assured is a reasonable, typical, and rational gun owner, and what are we being told about the child killing?

He deserved to die, and the killer should have no consequences.

In a country where reasonable people are already uneasy about these murders happening with accelerating frequency, its really shocking how tone deaf the radicals are.

Says Zimmerman deserves to die, then calls others "radicals."

Ridiculous.

NotNow

« Reply #432 on: July 17, 2013, 09:40:25 AM »
I don't think I will move on until the laws are changed so that murders similar to the one GZ committed are punished as criminal behavior. 

How, exactly, would you rewrite the law?
"We may yet become the first nation to die from a terminal case of frivolity. Other great nations in history have been threatened by barbarians at the gates. We may be the first to be threatened by self-indulgent silliness inside the gates." - Thomas Sowell

NotNow

« Reply #433 on: July 17, 2013, 09:41:45 AM »
George Zimmerman has been found Not Guilty what has to happen to George for YOU to move on?

For you guys to stop vilifying the deceased.  He didn't deserve what happened to him and it wasn't his fault GZ started the chain of events that led to his death.  The rest (the real life cases and fallout to come) will happen on their own as the issue runs its course through the system.
Look I'm sorry Trayvon Martin is dead and the pain his Family and Friends will feel for the rest of their lives. But I also must feel sorry for the Zimmerman Family it's the Right thing to do. The Martin family are church going Christians who believe in God. If you really believe in God you must Forgive the person that has hurt you. If you don't they win.

If one is a church going person, then they should have no problem with those who want, advocate and work to see laws modified that will help limit tragedies like this.

Lake,

I would ask you the same question...how, exactly, would you rewrite the law?
"We may yet become the first nation to die from a terminal case of frivolity. Other great nations in history have been threatened by barbarians at the gates. We may be the first to be threatened by self-indulgent silliness inside the gates." - Thomas Sowell

thelakelander

• Metro Jacksonville
« Reply #434 on: July 17, 2013, 09:45:45 AM »
NN, can you repost it again?