Author Topic: Zimmerman Found Not Guilty  (Read 139545 times)

civil42806

Re: Zimmerman Found Not Guilty
« Reply #720 on: October 14, 2013, 08:06:30 AM »
Those darn white Hispanics are at it again

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2013/09/press_buries_black-on-hispanic_hit_while_killer_hires_trayvon_martin_lawyer.html

really? So your take away from the whole Stand Your Ground murder of an innocent teenager is about the blacks and latins?

And you wonder why people are skeptical of the kill everybody law?

priceless.

I believe the point of the article that civil posted was the lack of objectivity of the media.  Your comments would seem to cement the fact that his argument can extend to many individuals as well.
only for you.

Civil mentioned 'white latins' as an intro into an article  which is supposed to make us believe in some imaginary hypocrisy on the part of the 'press' about the racial components of violence because 'trayvon martin'.

The problem is that the issue about the Trayvon Martin killing was the fact that Zimmerman wasnt even arrested and no investigation was even initiated until there was public outrage.  This despite the admitted profiling that happened.  So while race played a part in the story as a result of inexcusability of Zimmerman's initial actions and his invocation of Stand Your Gun laws as a reason he should be charged with anything, it was only part of the story.

Civil seems to think the fact that a journalist described Zimmerman as a 'white latin' was the most important thing to pay attention to.  It was literally the least important thing and has become the catch phrase of every racist worth his salt in the right wing bubble(---with no such implication that Civil is one of these racists.)

I will not attempt to put words in civil's mouth, and I will let him defend his own words.  But I would take issue with your characterization "imaginary hypocrisy" on the part of the press.  I believe a strong argument can be made for real hypocrisy and double standards in reporting. 

I will not defend Zimmerman's actions, and I admit that I am not completely familiar with the case, but I do not recall any "admitted profiling".  And the "stand your ground" defense in the law was never requested, nor granted. 

Again, I'll let civil explain his meaning of the term "white hispanic" although it seems quite clear to me. 

I do wonder however, if you realize how often you use the "racist" argument?  For a really white guy you seem to throw that word around pretty often.

For a cop you seem to talk about crime a lot ;)

Sorry have been busy with life.  The term "white Hispanic" was invented by the paper of record, the delightful NYT.  Didn't exist before hasn't been used since, it was used to push the narrative.  Stand your ground was never used.  It was a tragedy for all concerned.  Apparently all here are offended that the investigation was not as they liked.  Well  you got the investigation and it didn't pan out as expected.  As al Sharpton implied it wasn't the killing that was offensive (happens all the time) it was the investigation. 

Gators312

« Reply #721 on: October 14, 2013, 08:41:45 AM »
If you look at the the HUD form in the following link, you will see that the Federal Govt
has been using Hispanic / Non-Hispanic as an ethnicity, as well as specifying Black, White, American Indian, etc. for race.

So the NYT isn't who coined the term. 

http://www.hud.gov/offices/adm/hudclips/forms/files/27061-h.pdf

icarus

« Reply #722 on: October 14, 2013, 09:19:47 AM »
For me, I don't even have the interest in attempting to really get into a debate on this topic.

+1,000

NotNow

« Reply #723 on: February 15, 2014, 12:21:53 PM »
Of course, this has nothing to do with the arguments that I was making.  As a matter off fact, your tendency to place people and "causes" into racial terms just makes my point.  Interesting effort on your part though.   
"We may yet become the first nation to die from a terminal case of frivolity. Other great nations in history have been threatened by barbarians at the gates. We may be the first to be threatened by self-indulgent silliness inside the gates." - Thomas Sowell

NotNow

« Reply #724 on: February 15, 2014, 12:41:30 PM »
Of course, this has nothing to do with the arguments that I was making.  As a matter off fact, your tendency to place people and "causes" into racial terms just makes my point.  Interesting effort on your part though.

oh.  Taaffe is just misunderstood then?

His cause isnt 'racial', he was just 'placed' in that position by terminology??

I didn't address Taaffe.  You did. 

My argument states clearly that we should not prejudge people based on what we percieve to be their sex, race, age, etc., but rather their individual actions.   I also argued that people should not inject their political/social cause into these criminal cases in order to further their agenda.  It is not fair to the victim, the defendant, or the society as a whole as it dims the facts of the criminal case and justice.   
"We may yet become the first nation to die from a terminal case of frivolity. Other great nations in history have been threatened by barbarians at the gates. We may be the first to be threatened by self-indulgent silliness inside the gates." - Thomas Sowell

NotNow

« Reply #725 on: February 15, 2014, 01:03:59 PM »
Sooo, if you have a racist friend, then you should be considered a racist....right?

;)  Just teasing ya...

NotNow

« Reply #726 on: February 15, 2014, 01:19:56 PM »
I think that what we say, what we do, and who we associate with will always be used by others assessing our character.  Using such information to forward our own separate agenda, again, is wrong.  Don't you agree?  This can become a complex discussion...what arguments are allowed in court, what incidents in our past are admissible in court or even public discourse.   How much do those incidents reflect the man? 

My point remains.   We should leave our personal agendas out of these criminal cases.  Let's limit ourselves to the facts of the case.

Jaxson

« Reply #727 on: February 15, 2014, 01:47:33 PM »
Sooo, if you have a racist friend, then you should be considered a racist....right?

;)  Just teasing ya...

Well I think if you take their money, and let them speak for you on racial issues, then you are pretty much going to be tarred with the same brush.  Thats fair, don't you think?

"Your Racist Friend" by They Might Be Giants comes to mind.  LOL

NotNow

« Reply #728 on: February 15, 2014, 03:46:26 PM »
Sloppy law?  Once again, I will refer you to your friend Chris.  Ask him why this kind of thing is excluded from arguments in trial.  This practice is hardly "sloppy law", it is and has been the norm.   My arguments do not deny the "circumstances" of a crime (as that would be the actual physical scene and associated evidence), but rather "motive".  An argument for motive must be very concise.  The kind of stuff that you are espousing here doesn't belong in a courtroom, nor should it be shouted outside the courtroom.  Much of what we see on the nightly news is designed to draw in viewers, and is not intended for "fairness".  Just as the Zimmerman case evoked terms like  "white hispanic" that have no real meaning but are intended to support an outside agenda.

TheCat

• Metro Jacksonville
« Reply #729 on: May 12, 2016, 07:50:39 PM »

TheCat

• Metro Jacksonville
« Reply #730 on: May 12, 2016, 07:52:34 PM »
At least he wants to get rid of Angela Corey.

Bridges

« Reply #731 on: May 13, 2016, 10:22:14 AM »
At least he wants to get rid of Angela Corey.

Well he should have registered as a republican candidate, cause Corey isn't losing the election since she rigged it. 
So I said to him: Arthur, Artie come on, why does the salesman have to die? Change the title; The life of a salesman. That's what people want to see.

spuwho

« Reply #732 on: May 13, 2016, 04:06:36 PM »
While I think there was never any doubt, the Smithsonian tweeted the world to notify that in no uncertain terms did they ever have an interest or made any offers for his gun.

Just some pre-sales hype by Mr. Zimmerman.

peestandingup

« Reply #734 on: May 13, 2016, 05:09:34 PM »
Zimmerman attempts to raise funds by auctioning off his murder weapon...

I wasn't aware he was found guilty of murder. New development??