Author Topic: Chinese fighter intercepts Navy Poseidon  (Read 36208 times)

spuwho

Re: Chinese fighter intercepts Navy Poseidon
« Reply #180 on: May 11, 2016, 05:53:00 PM »
And that is where we will disagree.

Spratlys are not the Netherlands. Not even a close compare.

Sure, you don't think so. I know that.

But if one (say a Chinese citizen, for example) were to consider the Spratlys to lie within Chinese territorial waters, then the analogy is sound. You think there is no comparison because you reject Chinese claims to those waters out of hand. But, in the eyes of a Chinese person, the activities of the Chinese state are completely normal and legal. To them, it's no different than if the US were to start reclaiming land around the Hawaiian islands.

You seem to enjoy assigning behaviors and thoughts to me.

If the PRC wants to make a claim, they should do so in a peaceful manner in cooperation with the surrounding nations.

Why did it take over 60 years for the PRC to suddenly discover their lost need to reclaim sovereignty over an area that has only the influence of some fishermen?

The PLAN could have tried any action they wanted shortly after they detonated their first nuke in 1956. But they didnt, so even if in their eyes they think they own it, they havent supported it with their acts until now.

So that clearly has undermined their position regardless of how they feel about it historically.

BridgeTroll

« Reply #181 on: May 11, 2016, 07:48:46 PM »
If only we were Chinese the proper perspective would become perfectly clear.  Damn... If only.  Hey Adam... are you Chinese?

Adam White

• Facebook
« Reply #182 on: May 12, 2016, 01:28:23 AM »
If only we were Chinese the proper perspective would become perfectly clear.  Damn... If only.  Hey Adam... are you Chinese?

No, I'm American. And if you want to get picky, I'm an Irish national. I've never been to China, don't have a drop of Chinese (or any kind of Asian) blood in me. I've never dated a Chinese girl. I don't even really care for Chinese food all that much (aside from a few dishes).

And once again, you're being obtuse on purpose. I didn't say the Chinese perspective was proper. I'm trying to point out that there are many ways to look at this. But you Team America guys just assume the China = Bad posture. But I really shouldn't be surprised by that.

BridgeTroll

« Reply #183 on: May 12, 2016, 06:36:06 AM »

No, I'm American. And if you want to get picky, I'm an Irish national. I've never been to China, don't have a drop of Chinese (or any kind of Asian) blood in me. I've never dated a Chinese girl. I don't even really care for Chinese food all that much (aside from a few dishes).

And once again, you're being obtuse on purpose. I didn't say the Chinese perspective was proper. I'm trying to point out that there are many ways to look at this. But you Team America guys just assume the China = Bad posture. But I really shouldn't be surprised by that.

lol... obtuse on purpose??  Some might consider making brilliantly obvious statements like "there are many ways to look at this" is purposely obtuse also.  Some might even consider your assumption that "Team America" people reflexively are anti China or are unable to read articles from the "many points of view" and form their own non automatic opinion...  But I would never consider you to be purposely obtuse Adam.  I apologize for assuming you were possibly chinese...

Adam White

• Facebook
« Reply #184 on: May 12, 2016, 08:06:37 AM »

lol... obtuse on purpose??  Some might consider making brilliantly obvious statements like "there are many ways to look at this" is purposely obtuse also.  Some might even consider your assumption that "Team America" people reflexively are anti China or are unable to read articles from the "many points of view" and form their own non automatic opinion...  But I would never consider you to be purposely obtuse Adam.  I apologize for assuming you were possibly chinese...

Apology accepted, though I don't view being considered possibly Chinese as an insult ;)

finehoe

« Reply #185 on: May 12, 2016, 02:11:23 PM »

BridgeTroll

« Reply #186 on: May 12, 2016, 03:09:08 PM »
The two china's seem a bit greedy dont you think?

spuwho

« Reply #187 on: May 12, 2016, 08:33:09 PM »
Gets even more interesting every day:

spuwho

« Reply #188 on: May 12, 2016, 08:40:41 PM »