Author Topic: Peter Rummell's Healthy Town Site Plan Released  (Read 23485 times)

acme54321

Re: Peter Rummell's Healthy Town Site Plan Released
« Reply #30 on: February 18, 2015, 01:22:46 PM »
Any new word on this?  I noticed a large barge with a crane tied up to the seawall in the middle of the JEA southbank site the other day.  It looked bigger and had a newer/larger crane than what I had seen working the riverwalk.

PeeJayEss

« Reply #31 on: February 18, 2015, 01:43:53 PM »
Not new, but I didn't see this follow-up article posted:

JEA approves contract for Rummell/Balanky project
http://www.bizjournals.com/jacksonville/news/2015/01/20/jea-approves-contract-for-rummell-balanky-project.html?page=all

acme54321

« Reply #32 on: February 23, 2015, 08:39:32 PM »
There is definitely something going on over by the river. The barge with crane is still there and now there is a backhoe and some other equipment sitting on the site itself.

CityLife

« Reply #33 on: February 23, 2015, 08:50:13 PM »
They might be doing some environmental remediation and site prep work, but still have to go through the entitlement process for the development itself.

acme54321

« Reply #34 on: March 17, 2015, 10:05:44 AM »
Over the last week or so another, much larger crane and barge showed up over there.  I think they may be removing the remaining bulkheads and structures on the water that were left over from the powerplant.  Either way it's good to see something going on out there.

Downtown Osprey

« Reply #35 on: August 26, 2015, 10:40:52 AM »
New images have been released. Personally, I like what I see.

PeeJayEss

« Reply #36 on: August 26, 2015, 11:01:04 AM »
I like that this development will result in the residence of two mega-yachts and the local sailing of one enormous schooner.
Also, that development is basically drawn as bigger and better than Jacksonville.

CityLife

« Reply #37 on: August 26, 2015, 11:45:35 AM »
On quick glance, I think they nailed it site planning wise. Plenty of green space along the waterfront, good scale of building height and design (similar to a pic I posted of Vancouver in a Shipyards thread), walkable corridor that leads to King Avenue Station and the rest of the Southbank, and hidden parking in the rear along the preserve/wetlands. Nicely done.

thelakelander

• Metro Jacksonville
« Reply #38 on: August 26, 2015, 11:48:53 AM »

Captain Zissou

« Reply #39 on: August 26, 2015, 11:54:36 AM »
The rendering shows Berkman 2 as demolished and the Shipyards as a patch of dirt and grass.  Is this the real estate equivalent to dissing a rival in the lyrics to your rap song?

The rendering also shows the second half of the school board's parking lot highlighted as if it is part of the development.  That has been a major point of contention for this project, so I hope that means that this has been resolved.

jaxnyc79

« Reply #40 on: August 26, 2015, 11:59:10 AM »
The rendering shows Berkman 2 as demolished and the Shipyards as a patch of dirt and grass.  Is this the real estate equivalent to dissing a rival in the lyrics to your rap song?

The rendering also shows the second half of the school board's parking lot highlighted as if it is part of the development.  That has been a major point of contention for this project, so I hope that means that this has been resolved.

Move the Duval County School Board to LaVilla.

thelakelander

• Metro Jacksonville
« Reply #41 on: August 26, 2015, 12:04:34 PM »
I'm sure we can find a mostly empty Northbank office building or two, for them.

Captain Zissou

« Reply #42 on: August 26, 2015, 12:06:14 PM »
I'm sure we can find a mostly empty Northbank office building or two, for them.
I wonder if they think they're too good for the JEA building? Do they see a secure underground parking garage as a security threat?

thelakelander

• Metro Jacksonville
« Reply #43 on: August 26, 2015, 12:07:02 PM »
^Ha, I was thinking the same thing. I wonder if JEA wants to be the main office tenant in Healthy Town?

Nice catch. Now it's Khan's turn!

Tacachale

« Reply #44 on: August 26, 2015, 12:34:03 PM »

Lol