Author Topic: Khan's Jacksonville Shipyards Plans Revealed  (Read 146891 times)

Houseboat Mike

Re: Khan's Jacksonville Shipyards Plans Revealed
« Reply #660 on: May 06, 2016, 04:20:11 PM »

This type of tourist attraction would be great but would make more sense where there are a lot of tourists. I imagine we would be competing against Los Angeles, Orlando, Miami, and New York for something of this magnitude. Maybe I am wrong, but it is a lot longer a shot than getting the NFL. Maybe I am wrong though. Might as well bid on it.

Seems like the great city of Chicago is the front runner in that respect.

yes, however there is a lawsuit opposing the museum as they are trying to put it on public land. Scuttlebutt is that the Lucas peeps are getting tired of waiting.

ProjectMaximus

« Reply #661 on: May 06, 2016, 04:39:48 PM »

This type of tourist attraction would be great but would make more sense where there are a lot of tourists. I imagine we would be competing against Los Angeles, Orlando, Miami, and New York for something of this magnitude. Maybe I am wrong, but it is a lot longer a shot than getting the NFL. Maybe I am wrong though. Might as well bid on it.

Seems like the great city of Chicago is the front runner in that respect.

Exactly! And before that it was San Francisco's museum to lose but they didn't want it either...at this rate it very well could end up in Jax in another 15 years or so.

Noone

« Reply #662 on: May 07, 2016, 05:05:56 AM »
Just noticed that there is a full Jacksonville city council vote scheduled in 3 days on 2016-305 a PPP
Public, Private, Partnership
Public, Passive, Pier
In two committees Finance, TEU
NOT Waterways that meets the next day.
Is this an emergency?

Stay Positive.

MusicMan

« Reply #663 on: May 08, 2016, 05:52:15 PM »
"Exactly! And before that it was San Francisco's museum to lose but they didn't want it either...at this rate it very well could end up in Jax in another 15 years or so."

Just in time for the environmental clean up (at The Shipyards) to be finished!!

KenFSU

« Reply #664 on: May 08, 2016, 11:03:12 PM »
If we could talk them into erecting a public statue of Don Estridge, the jaxon who created the IBM PC.

I've lived here a decade and this is the first time I've heard this fact.

Pretty cool.

Certainly worthy of a statue.