Author Topic: Vaping's Dirty Little Secret  (Read 5139 times)

BridgeTroll

Vaping's Dirty Little Secret
« on: April 08, 2016, 07:58:39 AM »
Anyone here Vape?  I did for awhile before I quit nicotine completely...

http://motherboard.vice.com/read/vapings-dirty-little-secret-e-cigarettes-vape-manufacturing-regulations

spuwho

Re: Vaping's Dirty Little Secret
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2016, 08:07:26 AM »
People actually tried to vape at work inside the building until the company banned them.

Vaping is good for those trying to kick "the Nic" as you can wean yourself down. But as a recreational activity, its a lot of money especially having to replace the coils.

If you like the flavor, then chew gum, but for some people, its an oral fixation issue.

BridgeTroll

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2016, 08:10:17 AM »
People actually tried to vape at work inside the building until the company banned them.

Vaping is good for those trying to kick "the Nic" as you can wean yourself down. But as a recreational activity, its a lot of money especially having to replace the coils.

If you like the flavor, then chew gum, but for some people, its an oral fixation issue.

At first I thought it would help me quit... for me it was exactly the opposite.  It gave me the ability to smoke in the house... in the bar... in the car... and as as true nicotine addict... I took advantage of every loophole possible to get my fix...lol

Adam White

• Facebook
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2016, 08:16:45 AM »
Vaping is gross. Maybe not any grosser than smoking. But at least smokers know their place.

BridgeTroll

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2016, 08:23:51 AM »
Vaping is gross. Maybe not any grosser than smoking. But at least smokers know their place.

Their "place"?  What is their "place"?

Adam White

• Facebook
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2016, 09:22:09 AM »

Well, outside or not in restaurants or not on trains, etc. Smokers tend to follow the rules (or the law). Vapists tend to exploit the grey areas, irrespective of whether or not it's bothering other people.

The other day, I was waiting for a train. When it arrived, the door opened and a woman stepped off while blowing her big lungful of vapor in my face. I guess she vaped on the train and was waiting to exhale.

For the record, I am an ex-smoker (which, in part, explains my self-righteousness).  I smoked for about 20 years and finally quit back in 2006.

Downtown Osprey

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2016, 12:12:42 PM »
I've been vaping now for close to 3 years and the thought of a cigarette disgusts me. My breathing has been noticeably better, I don't smell or cough up a lung. In fact, I don't cough at all. Obviously, I know it's still not good for you, but either are a lot of things, like alcohol. But the difference in my mood and body has been night and day.

And for the record, not all people who vape are a-holes. I would never blow smoke in anyone's face. Maybe they were just a-holes to begin with. :)

Gunnar

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2016, 12:45:34 PM »

Re-education camps if the trend continues....

Adam White

• Facebook
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2016, 01:50:55 PM »

And for the record, not all people who vape are a-holes. I would never blow smoke in anyone's face. Maybe they were just a-holes to begin with. :)

I'm all about blanket statements!

BridgeTroll

« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2016, 01:55:11 PM »
I've been vaping now for close to 3 years and the thought of a cigarette disgusts me. My breathing has been noticeably better, I don't smell or cough up a lung. In fact, I don't cough at all. Obviously, I know it's still not good for you, but either are a lot of things, like alcohol. But the difference in my mood and body has been night and day.

It certainly "seems" better... easier breathing... no brown loogies... smell.  It is still a nicotine delivery system for nicotine addicts.  Hell I probably would have walked around with an IV stuck in my arm if I could have.  Smokers and vapers do not bother me though... in fact I cant stand the way they are treated sometimes... just another form of social engineering...

codemonkey

« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2016, 02:06:11 PM »
... just another form of social engineering...

says the consumer of a product intentionally designed to get them addicted...

Adam White

• Facebook
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2016, 02:14:27 PM »

It certainly "seems" better... easier breathing... no brown loogies... smell.  It is still a nicotine delivery system for nicotine addicts.  Hell I probably would have walked around with an IV stuck in my arm if I could have.  Smokers and vapers do not bother me though... in fact I cant stand the way they are treated sometimes... just another form of social engineering...

I don't like walking through someone's cancer cloud just so I can enter or leave a train station, wait for a bus, enter a shop, etc. I am constantly being forced to breathe other people's cigarette smoke. So I can't stand the way they treat me. Or my kid, for that matter.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2016, 02:16:32 PM by Adam White »

BridgeTroll

« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2016, 02:24:10 PM »
I feel the same about people walking around with colds and flu... or do not wash their hands after using the restroom... overly perfumed people should also be shunned... we might consider banning peanut eaters and alcohol users too.  Pot smoke wafting through the park ugh... BBQ smoke allowed into the air...blech... not to mention planes trains and automobile exhaust... the list is literally endless... but if we point at smokers and snicker... we can all feel better about ourselves...

Adam White

• Facebook
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2016, 02:26:31 PM »
I feel the same about people walking around with colds and flu... or do not wash their hands after using the restroom... overly perfumed people should also be shunned... we might consider banning peanut eaters and alcohol users too.  Pot smoke wafting through the park ugh... BBQ smoke allowed into the air...blech... not to mention planes trains and automobile exhaust... the list is literally endless... but if we point at smokers and snicker... we can all feel better about ourselves...

People cannot help being sick.

Forcing people to walk through your smoke cloud because you are standing in front of a door is a lot different. That's anti-social behaviour and it has possible health consequences. Not really the same as someone's perfume being too strong (which I hate and which tends to make me sneeze).

Adam White

• Facebook
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2016, 02:31:31 PM »

By the way - congrats on your three years away from cigarettes.