Author Topic: "A perfect city:" Why Allegiant Air took a bet on Jacksonville  (Read 3233 times)

dp8541

Re: "A perfect city:" Why Allegiant Air took a bet on Jacksonville
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2016, 01:07:27 PM »
I flew the new Jax to Richmond route on Allegiant this weekend.  Didn't have any problems either way.  Both flights were ontime and full.  Did notice a lot more elderly with wheelchairs on the return flight which took a little longer to board than normal.  Seems pretty similar to Spirit to me

Steve

• Metro Jacksonville
« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2016, 01:32:57 PM »
I came back via Allegiant today to Sanford.

Did you drive and park?

One noticeable thing, no physical warning on electronic devices. None. They check for seat belts, they check to clear your feet. They announce a "airplane mode" request. But they did not force people off their headphones or ear buds on take off or landing. Usually on mainstream carriers I will have a cabin attendant scold me for not complying right away. Not here it seems. More training needed perhaps.

I've actually never been forced off my headphones or ear phones by any carrier anywhere. Not sure exactly what situation you're describing I suppose.

Yes, I drove and parked at Sanford.

Delta, United and American flight crews have always confirmed physically that my ear buds were out of my ears. One Delta attendant actually scolded me even though my phone was in airplane mode.  In this case I saw people using their iPads and playing games on iPhones right up to landing.

I personally know that phones and computers dont interfere with modern avionics.

The last time it was an issue is when I flew over dark territory in the South Atlantic back in 1998. Someone's CD player was putting out RF interference and the plane was asked to shut off everything in mid flight.

How long ago is that. For the last two years, all US Airlines allow gate to gate PEDs as long as they are in airplane mode. I haven't been asked by Delta since, doing between 60k and 100k miles a year with them.

Adam White

• Facebook
« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2016, 01:44:13 PM »

If they can maintain their equipment and keep their staff professional, they will won't be the next Ryan Air.

FTFY.