Author Topic: Jollibee coming to Jax!  (Read 1823 times)

ProjectMaximus

Jollibee coming to Jax!
« on: May 03, 2016, 02:23:57 PM »

ben says

Re: Jollibee coming to Jax!
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2016, 02:39:01 PM »
Amazing.

JaxJersey-licious

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2016, 04:02:29 PM »
Good news, JaxJerseylicious!

http://jaxdailyrecord.com/showstory.php?Story_id=547487

U...GOTTA...B...SHITTIN'...ME!!!!  :o  This is not only a great unique addition to JAX but also symbolic of not just the numbers of the  Filipino community, but it's strong ties and demand for things culturally Filipino. Though not entirely a Filipino concept, the fact that the city is attracting a company like that adding to all the other fine Filipino-owned businesses already here says a lot about how Jacksonville embraces its diversity and could hopefully lead to other types of unique cultrual ventures taking a keen interest in setting up shop.

Now if JAX can get a Seafood City Supermarket... ;D

coredumped

• Huge Member
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2016, 04:19:32 PM »
Never heard of them....but you had me at FRIED CHICKEN!
Jags season ticket holder.

spuwho

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2016, 12:53:06 AM »
A new food place that is original and not at SJTC.

This is remarkable.  I look forward to trying it out. It sounds really good.

I-10east

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2016, 08:34:21 AM »
It makes since to locate in the city with the largest Filipino population in FL.

Prax_N_Jax

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2016, 08:58:56 AM »
Would love to see Chow King, Goldilocks, Red Ribbon, Max Chicken too! Can't wait for the mango peach pie and chicken joy! lasap sa sarap!

BridgeTroll

« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2016, 09:54:57 AM »
Would love to see Chow King, Goldilocks, Red Ribbon, Max Chicken too! Can't wait for the mango peach pie and chicken joy! lasap sa sarap!
Would really love to see a fleet of Jeepneys...lol

copperfiend

« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2016, 10:24:38 AM »
I had only heard of this chain from one of Anthony Bourdain's shows. Pretty unique.

I will say my Filipino friends are pretty excited.

Prax_N_Jax

« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2016, 01:26:10 PM »

Filipino ingenuity at it's best...

BridgeTroll

« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2016, 01:31:23 PM »

Efficient, fast, friendly service...

JaxJersey-licious

« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2016, 02:37:10 PM »

Honestly not so impressed with the Max's Chicken stateside. The one in Jersey City was to me a bit overpriced and underwhelming. It's better in the Phillipines (as is Jollibee some would argue).

Chow King is basically a Filipino take on Chinese food. Also owned by Jollibee. They'd do very well in JAX since it has the same fanatic following of Jollibee.

And to some these are fightin' words, but IMO Goldilocks edges out Red Ribbon. They're both quality Phillipine bakeries but I'm partial to Goldilock's ensamadas for nostalgic reasons.

All of these places would be great additions to Jacksonville dining. With all the current culinary offerings offered and proposed this would make the area foodie scene unique to the state but to the entire Deep South. Al this Filipino food talk makes me crave a big gooey slice of sans rival and slip into a blissful sugar coma!

That's my vote for the proposed Skyway replacement!  ;D

ben says

« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2016, 09:32:35 PM »
Stoked.

Speaking of the jeepneys...anyone been to Jeepney Stop in OP? (Think that's the name...obviously Filipino food)

Ocklawaha

« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2016, 09:52:04 PM »

This will be a great addition to the city and if they bring their Jeepney, JTA will be in serious trouble!

These vehicles are something of a so-called 'Third World' art form, and they take great pride in the finish right down to the tiniest bolt head or 'dingle-ball,' it isn't just Filipino ingenuity. In Colombia (and most of the rest of South America) these little Jeepney's or 'Chivas' are more for show or tourist experience allowing a twenty first century child to ride like grandpa at the fair, plaza or special event. Sometimes they are used for special excursions but apparently Hollywood hasn't figured out that in many ways (buses included) that 'Third World' tends to be north of the Rio Grande.

This 'Chiva' advertises tours in Colombia

Staged for Hollywood? Maybe, but this scene would be hard to duplicate in Colombia today, I can't say how it would be in the Philippines?

After your excursion, a quick stop in ANY beach side souvenir shop and you can buy a tiny, handmade Chiva to take home.

Lest you have seen too many Romancing the Whatever movies, you can't ride with chickens or pigs...

Greyhound never had it so good, and those JTA express buses to Putnam, St. Johns or Nassau, the modern Colombian bus systems would make JTA weep!

Imagine your JTA express ride to Flemming Island...  and then tell me where the third world is!

All play aside, the restaurant is welcome, it would be very cool to see some of my old familiar FF places from south of the border, 'Coco Rico' (Flame roasted chicken); 'Mr. Ham' (Not even Arby's has this much meat); and 'Leno's and Carbon,' (Literally a fast food style Filet mignon, ribs or any other fine steak and roasted potato paradise)

Wonder if we carried a petition to the restaurant and the Colombian Chamber of Commerce maybe we...  Well you know.