Author Topic: Jackson Square back on?  (Read 1765 times)

JBTripper

Jackson Square back on?
« on: May 08, 2016, 08:19:57 PM »
I was messing around on Zillow tonight and stumbled upon this posting: http://www.zillow.com/homes/for_sale/Jacksonville-FL-32207/2099027494_zpid/

Commercial concrete space that's vacant for the business of your choice. The San Marco Lifestyle Rental Community being built next door, a large customer base is within steps of this lot!

So, what do you think? Is this a poorly informed real estate agent, an intentionally misleading real estate listing, or does somebody know something we don't? Given that East San Marco, The District, and the Broadstone River House all appear to be happening, maybe it's no so crazy to believe that Jackson Square could become a reality?

ProjectMaximus

Re: Jackson Square back on?
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2016, 08:54:30 PM »
LOL that is wishful thinking/misleading advertising. The first time I saw that listing I was excited for about 2 seconds. It was also right after someone on this board had mentioned the possibility of Jackson Square being resurrected so I thought could this be?!? Then I came to my senses...I'm sure the owners/developers are monitoring the situation but I doubt they'll find the project feasible just yet. Regardless, if I owned adjacent land I would certainly act like it was moving forward.

thelakelander

• Metro Jacksonville
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2016, 09:32:06 PM »
I drive into DT down Philips a few times each week and never noticed that sign. Color me skeptical.

MusicMan

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2016, 09:55:33 PM »
I think the listing is for a very small part of the holdings known as "Jackson Square."  Probably a teaser but he might part with a small parcel.

David

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2016, 09:56:24 PM »
Someone's probably gauging the response just to test the waters. The new apartments off Park/Riverside Ave in Brooklyn are one thing, but that is definitely pioneer territory on North Phillips highway, and I say that with love considering I grew up a mile from there.  You can dart over San Marco Square and downtown from there, but I wouldn't want to go walk my dog past the Scottish inn or city center motel. But who knows. Maybe it'll take off.

mtraininjax

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2016, 11:57:32 PM »
Zillow

Just one word destroyed all credibility, run when you see Zillow, its crap and its data is garbage.

ProjectMaximus

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2016, 12:06:18 AM »
So I think most of you missed that this parcel is being advertised as "next door" to the Jackson Square at San Marco site. Now it is true that it looks like a small parcel cut from the Jackson Square property itself, but whatever the history, it is definitely a separate owner trying to make a buck and paint the picture like this huge development is on its way and you can piggy back off of it. Maybe that's how it was sold to him 2 years ago lol...

JBTripper

« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2016, 10:25:42 AM »
I drive into DT down Philips a few times each week and never noticed that sign. Color me skeptical.

The sign is definitely real, though I'm sure it's the same one that's been up since 2006 or whenever. I'm not sure you can see one from Phillips HWY, but I drive by one on River Oaks all the time.

JBTripper

« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2016, 10:27:16 AM »
Zillow

Just one word destroyed all credibility, run when you see Zillow, its crap and its data is garbage.

I mean... Zillow isn't the best when you're trying to determine property value, but this is an actual listing. Zillow doesn't make them up.

MusicMan

« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2016, 11:22:39 AM »
Just for the record, a couple of fixed up smaller homes over there right behind Scottish Inn just closed at $122,000 and $114,000.
This is about as cheap as you can get a SFR in San Marco Hendricks Ave Elementary School district. The new Daily's
 Dash is a big help there, and the Publix will be big as well.

ProjectMaximus

« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2016, 12:23:55 PM »
^This is very true, MM.

I also just noticed that the jackson square website (as displayed in that sign pictured above) is back up again. Last time I had checked (maybe 3 months ago?) there was nothing.

acme54321

« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2016, 12:47:34 PM »
I wouldn't be surprised if they tried to get this rolling again with the upcoming completion of the new interchange at I95 and Atlantic plus the Publix (if that happens) breaking ground.  That solves a couple of the main complaints with that area.