Author Topic: Revised Fuller Warren Bridge Plans To Be Released Today  (Read 28979 times)

InnerCityPressure

Re: Revised Fuller Warren Bridge Plans To Be Released Today
« Reply #45 on: February 27, 2015, 04:08:43 PM »
^Originally, they were not going to have them. Your neighbors asked for them and FDOT eventually decided to address their concerns. Btw, I don't FDOT is going to pay for what's shown in the images. However, if money was found from another funding source, I'm sure they'd be open to additional aesthetic treatments, such as what's shown in the images.

That's funny.  I didn't attend any meetings, because I knew that the bike path would get done and I was fine with the rest of the plan.  I didn't know that I needed to attend to fight changes that hadn't yet been made.  Was there a neighborhood survey done for such a drastic alteration or were there 3 loudmouths at the meeting that made this happen?

thelakelander

• Metro Jacksonville
« Reply #46 on: February 27, 2015, 04:59:10 PM »
Part of the purpose of the meetings is for coordination between FDOT and the public in an attempt to relieve conflict and concerns. There have been several meetings over the last year between FDOT and various Riverside residents and community groups. My guess is that the bike path was one of many concerns expressed over the last few months. The plan last night had noise walls on just about every west of the Fuller Warren Bridge. It was also mentioned that FDOT plans to fill in the ponds under the Fuller Warren and build a parking lot on the other side of Riverside Avenue, for the eventual expansion of RAM.

Charles Hunter

« Reply #47 on: February 28, 2015, 03:08:48 PM »
Aren't whether or not there are sound walls based on calculations of cost of the wall vs. number of residents/degree of benefit, not neighborhood requests?

Jumpinjack

« Reply #48 on: February 28, 2015, 04:20:16 PM »
I live within 200 feet of I-10 close to the I-95 merge. The original design of the roadway did not include sound walls. It was not considered by FDOT until many (not three loudmouths) who live as close or even closer on the three closest streets asked FDOT to consider sound walls. The nursing home, realtor's office, small businesses, and kindergarten who are also my neighbors wanted something to protect them from increased highway noise. These decisions were made after the first round of public meetings many months ago.

InnerCityPressure

« Reply #49 on: February 28, 2015, 11:42:11 PM »
I live within 200 feet of I-10 close to the I-95 merge. The original design of the roadway did not include sound walls. It was not considered by FDOT until many (not three loudmouths) who live as close or even closer on the three closest streets asked FDOT to consider sound walls. The nursing home, realtor's office, small businesses, and kindergarten who are also my neighbors wanted something to protect them from increased highway noise. These decisions were made after the first round of public meetings many months ago.

Well, I wish you would move to Nocatee.  Don't buy a house 200 ft from the highway in the middle of the city and expect peace and quiet.

This is going to look horrible from the highway and it's going to look even worse from the neighborhood.  I love that people can see our historic houses from the highway.  I love staring up at one of the busiest interchanges in the country. 

I hope you enjoy your new view...

Gamblor

« Reply #50 on: February 28, 2015, 11:44:51 PM »
Well, I wish you would move to Nocatee.  Don't buy a house 200 ft from the highway in the middle of the city and expect peace and quiet.
^^Ditto
« Last Edit: February 28, 2015, 11:47:15 PM by Gamblor »

southsider1015

« Reply #51 on: March 01, 2015, 01:32:36 PM »

This is going to look horrible from the highway and it's going to look even worse from the neighborhood.  I love that people can see our historic houses from the highway.  I love staring up at one of the busiest interchanges in the country. 

Unfortunately,  you aren't the norm. Sound levels have become quite the issue with roadway projects in the last decade. 

Don't like graffiti?  Don't paint the wall.

southsider1015

« Reply #52 on: March 01, 2015, 01:35:29 PM »
Aren't whether or not there are sound walls based on calculations of cost of the wall vs. number of residents/degree of benefit, not neighborhood requests?

Sound walls are located based on increases in decibel levels.  There are a few experts around the state that provide a sound analysis to determine wall locations.  It's not typically based on cost or resident request.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2015, 01:40:02 PM by southsider1015 »

southsider1015

« Reply #53 on: March 01, 2015, 01:48:46 PM »
^^Ditto

What about the folks near the I95-SR 9B interchange currently under construction?   Or I-295 in Mandarin?  Sound walls are crucial to reduce noise levels that were originally reduced by the tree buffer.  What should we tell them?  Move to Nocatee too?

You can't please everyone all the time.  It fact, you never can. 

Charles Hunter

« Reply #54 on: March 01, 2015, 02:54:39 PM »
^^Ditto

What about the folks near the I95-SR 9B interchange currently under construction?   Or I-295 in Mandarin?  Sound walls are crucial to reduce noise levels that were originally reduced by the tree buffer.  What should we tell them?  Move to Nocatee too?

Both of the I-295 toll lane projects will have sound walls.
Current one: http://www.nflroads.com/_layouts/FDOT%20D2%20Northeast%20Florida%20Road%20Construction/ProjectDetails.aspx?pid=264&sid=All
Next one (JTB to 9B) http://www.nflroads.com/_layouts/FDOT%20D2%20Northeast%20Florida%20Road%20Construction/ProjectDetails.aspx?pid=261&sid=All

As will the new I-95 / SR 9B interchange: http://www.nflroads.com/_layouts/FDOT%20D2%20Northeast%20Florida%20Road%20Construction/ProjectDetails.aspx?pid=10&sid=All

InnerCityPressure

« Reply #55 on: March 01, 2015, 04:05:45 PM »

Unfortunately,  you aren't the norm. Sound levels have become quite the issue with roadway projects in the last decade. 

Don't like graffiti?  Don't paint the wall.

WTF?  Did you think I was planning on tagging the wall myself? 

That wall WILL get tagged and the first people to bitch about it will be the old codgers that had it added to the plans in the first place.

InnerCityPressure

« Reply #56 on: March 01, 2015, 04:09:31 PM »
^^Ditto

I'm not concerned with any of those suburban locations.  Give them an awesome super high wall so they don't have to see any poor people.  I don't give a shit.  Just don't come into the historic urban hoods with the walls...

Timkin

« Reply #57 on: March 01, 2015, 08:54:01 PM »
Leave School Four alone as well !!

southsider1015

« Reply #58 on: March 01, 2015, 10:43:47 PM »
^^Ditto

I'm not concerned with any of those suburban locations.  Give them an awesome super high wall so they don't have to see any poor people.  I don't give a shit.  Just don't come into the historic urban hoods with the walls...

Uh, well, ok.  Can't really discuss/explain/reason with that.

edjax

« Reply #59 on: March 01, 2015, 10:49:15 PM »
^^Ditto

Well the walls are coming so get use to them.