Poll

Should an amendment be attached to 2010-604 that would keep the 680' Public Pier separate from the 44 acres that was Shipyards/Landmar?

Yes
44 (91.7%)
No
4 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Voting closed: August 11, 2010, 04:18:46 PM

Author Topic: Downtown Jacksonville Public Pier  (Read 61552 times)

Noone

Re: Downtown Jacksonville Public Pier
« Reply #195 on: June 15, 2011, 05:04:24 AM »
Waterways meeting in 4 hours. Anyone going? Will be reminding Commission members of more cherry picked pieces of legislation that is circumventing this voluntary body. So wrong.

ricker

« Reply #196 on: June 24, 2011, 05:56:07 AM »
meet this man and see, feel his enthusiatiasm and sincerety!
Scrutiny isn't a crime.
judge him by his posts and you might miss the sarcasm.
PALMS FISH CAMP PALMS FISH CAMP PALMS FISH CAMP.

do your homework folks.
no one can do it for you.

"Corruption District"!!
I love it absolutely love it.
Where is that exactly on Bay St?

Noone

« Reply #197 on: June 28, 2011, 06:10:16 AM »
The Corruption District may be a full day tour.
City council meeting tonight.

Palms Fish Camp, Palms Fish Camp, Palms Fish Camp, Who is getting fired? Who is getting the promotion? Who wants to go and do a site inspection? I'm serious. Especially if you are a news organization outside of Duval county.

Councilman Redman, Please do something. You introduced legislation to move Halloween. Introduce legislation to keep the pier separate. You then withdrew the legislation to move Halloween. You can then withdraw the legislation to separate the pier. This will at the very least give the impression that you care. This is Shipyards/Landmar this was an issue when you ran for city council. Institutional knowledge.

Can't wait for the Fireworks and the ones this weekend on our St. Johns River our American Heritage River.

Noone

« Reply #198 on: July 28, 2011, 05:11:31 AM »
In 13 days the next meeting of the Jacksonville Waterways Commission. There wasn't a meeting in July but I was fotunate to meet some of the commissioners of FIND for their July meeting in Nassau county. I truly find inspiration from the Commissioners representing the east coast of the state of Florida.

It is almost 3 years later. 3 years. 3 years and I told some of the commissioners that I still don't have a sponsor for a pocket pier, floating dock at a waterfront Public Access street end. They are in shock. I am too. 67 counties in Florida. The Public Trust in Jacksonville just crushed.

Any news media outside of Duval county want to see our Waterways that you won't be able to access unless your a 501-c? Will it happen with the new Mayor and new council? Be concerned.

Anyone want to see Hogans Creek, Our Promised 680' Downtown Public Pier AKA Jacksonville's Tradeport Pier. Can't wait to meet you Mr. Paul Anderson. Lets go under the Times Union on McCoys Creek.

Daniel O'Byrne lets go under the Hyatt and we'll tell everyone to then "VISIT Jacksonville." 

Noone

« Reply #199 on: August 02, 2011, 04:56:29 AM »
In 8 days Jacksonville Waterways Commission meeting. Don Redman is the chair. Redistricting occurs every 10 years. The pier is currently in Dist.4. Councilman Redman is not only the Chair of Waterways but this opportunity for Public Access is in his district too. WHAT AN OPPORTUNITY to do something before it is potentially legislatively lost forever.

Let history show that it was councilman Redman who single handidly through his non legislative actions crushed the hopes and dreams of any potential economic opportunity to our St. Johns River our American Heritage River in Duval county.

Noone

« Reply #200 on: August 09, 2011, 07:03:21 AM »
City council meeting tonight Waterways the next day. Will councilman Redman do anything?
The state of Florida is watching.

Noone

« Reply #201 on: August 23, 2011, 05:31:59 AM »
In less than 12 hours a vote on 2011-364. RAM a 10 year lease for the city for a buck a year. New floating dock. Not before Waterways. Why? Mr. Hyde

Palms Creek Fish Camp? Palms Creek Fish Camp! Almost 10 years of history. Boat ramp, Preservation Park, City just pulled the plug on the owner. Who and Why? Lawsuit and payout for the rest. owner who never opened up his doors? Dr. Jekyll

Waterways meeting tomorrow and the release of the newest JCCI study, Recession, Recovery and Beyond.

Shipyards/Landmar the pier can still be legislatively protected. The Public Trust Doctrine. 2010-604
How many council members at the political Hobnob back in November at the Hyatt said that it could happen. The Public Trust just totally crushed in this community.

No. I'm not asking for Public money.

City council meeting tonight. Will councilman Redman Dist.4 do anything?

State of Florida and our Regional Partners are watching.

Vote No on 2011-400

The Pier is the number 1 Public Access Point that needs to Happen Now.

thelakelander

• Metro Jacksonville
« Reply #202 on: August 23, 2011, 06:24:53 AM »
A picture speaks a thousand words.  Noone, I think you're going to have to not only build visual support for doing something with the pier, you'll also need an economic argument with some numbers backing your vision.  A few successful examples in other communties across the US would go a long way as well.  I think these things will help what you're lobbying for.

Noone

« Reply #203 on: August 29, 2011, 07:52:20 AM »
A picture speaks a thousand words.

And legislation is the dialogue that will Make it Happen. 2011-560-Shipyards. New legislation that is being introduced at the next city council meeting. Good? Bad? Any thoughts? Anybody.

Noone

« Reply #204 on: September 03, 2011, 12:39:02 AM »
The Aug. 31 2011 Waterways FIND subcommittee meeting was HUGE. GIGANTIC, GARGANTUAN, announcements coming soon. 2 1/2 hour meeting. 2011-560 will be in Waterways 9/14

north miami

« Reply #205 on: September 03, 2011, 08:20:56 PM »

Visit Jacksonville!

Visit the Pier!

Noone

« Reply #206 on: September 14, 2011, 03:45:22 AM »

Visit Jacksonville!

Visit the Pier!

Jacksonville's Front Porch........Southern Style.
Line up the food trucks on the Pier

Will be in Waterways in 6 hours.

Everyone in Jacksonville should be asking who will be the Jacksonville city council member that will provide the help so that everyone will have an opportunity for Public Access and Economic opportunity to our St. Johns River our American Heritage River a Federal Initiative

Ajax

« Reply #207 on: September 14, 2011, 09:02:42 AM »

Visit Jacksonville!

Visit the Pier!

Jacksonville's Front Porch........Southern Style.
Line up the food trucks on the Pier

Will be in Waterways in 6 hours.

Everyone in Jacksonville should be asking who will be the Jacksonville city council member that will provide the help so that everyone will have an opportunity for Public Access and Economic opportunity to our St. Johns River our American Heritage River a Federal Initiative

Hey man - I couldn't sleep last night so I flipped on the TV and I think I saw you speaking to the City Council.  Was that you? 

Noone

« Reply #208 on: September 14, 2011, 12:59:14 PM »
Yes that was me getting my butt kicked and then again today at Waterways. 2011-560- $23,250,000 Shipyards/Landmar and we will be just saying bye,bye to that money. Attach just one amendment that even gives the appearence that our city cares about Public Access to our St. Johns River our American Heritage River a Federal Initiative.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2011, 07:48:36 AM by Noone »

Noone

« Reply #209 on: September 19, 2011, 06:26:37 AM »
3 hours Rules on 2011-560 will an amendment be attached? It should.
Jacksonville.......Be concerned.