Author Topic: Zimmerman Found Not Guilty  (Read 139587 times)

AngryMuffin

Re: Zimmerman Found Not Guilty
« Reply #135 on: July 14, 2013, 11:46:32 PM »
They call me a troll because I'm much brighter and more informed than they are and I'm showing them to be mental weaklings.

No I'm not a troll. This is my point of view. It's my point of view in reference to an original post that profiling is unfair and racist.  My claim is that profiling exists because of the actions of the people being profiled.

You've not been able to refute a single one of my points - not one. You've only been able to call me names and insult me. I use statistics - you deflect.  I try to discuss  problem like an adult you finger point and act childish.

You're not very good at this game.  One more post and I'm done. Saving the best for last.

You won't address it because you can't win the argument. You can't win the argument because you are wrong and a few hours ago - completely uninformed. Now you are more informed but still not processing the information.

You're bright enough to know not to engage but you're not bright enough to successfully argue your point.

I'd try to avoid a fight with a stronger opponent too.

Actually.  I don't address the arguments of trolls.

You are a racist troll, and you are using the murder of a black child to launch your pretty pathetic discussion about black criminality. 

Never mind the disrespect and lack of common decency to accuse the victim of a murder for his murderers crime.

You havent really advanced an 'argument'.  youve simply made an unverified claim about a racial group.  Not very impressive.

So I don't know what you think can be 'won', except that you win by further engaging people in your racist chatter.

But Im sure you must be right about me fearing your towering (and unsourced) intellect.  Im a shrinking violet when it comes to things like that.
AngryMuffin when they call you Troll it's because you have gotten under their skin?

AngryMuffin

« Reply #136 on: July 14, 2013, 11:52:10 PM »
And Steve for my checkmate.  I remember a nice interview and glowing writeup that you did a while back. Lucky guy to get the opportunity to talk to Bill Cosby.  You clearly showed him the reverence and respect that he deserved.

Here is the part that sucks for you. He agrees with everything I've been saying on this thread:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itWCvkK44lE

Your interview of Bill:

http://www.metrojacksonville.com/article/2012-apr-stephen-dare-interviews-bill-cosby

My work here is done.  Hope you're better prepared for the next time.

Good night.

AngryMuffin

« Reply #137 on: July 14, 2013, 11:56:18 PM »
Well it would be nice if you were good at math.  You don't have a talent for debate.

How about some unambiguous numbers from the NYC 2012 crime stats with 99% of the perp race known?

http://www.nyc.gov/html/nypd/downloads/pdf/analysis_and_planning/2012_year_end_enforcement_report.pdf

15 to 1 in the NYC report.

But I'm sure thats just because of all of the racist cops in NYC. 

If you don't admit there is the problem - you can't address the problem.

« Last Edit: July 15, 2013, 01:28:01 AM by stephendare »

thelakelander

• Metro Jacksonville
« Reply #138 on: July 15, 2013, 12:03:39 AM »
I haven't referred to anyone as a troll.  There's also been no response to my post on what I believe to be heavily skewed statistics.  Any comments? With that said, none of this stuff deals with the topic at hand, which is a kid losing losing his life for absolutely nothing and the instigator/shooter doing no time for it.

ronchamblin

« Reply #139 on: July 15, 2013, 02:28:48 AM »
Lake .... I agree totally with your post No. 178 wherein you discuss the fundamental causes of the problems endured by the black community ... oppressive and discriminatory conditions which have been around since the civil war.  The U. S. has come a certain way toward resolving these economic, social, and political pressures which have perpetuated the lack of real opportunities for the black population, but anyone observing the continued problems will know that there is much to be done.   

Societal momentums and habits, along with the continued existence of enough individuals prone to racist behavior and decisions, ensure that times will continue to be bleak, even desperate, for the majority of black men and boys.  Hopefully, as more individuals become schooled in the subtle causes of discrimination, the American population will have a greater percentage of movers and shakers who will have a genuine desire to make solid changes favoring the minorities who've suffered for many decades.  The black man has endured over many decades what we might call institutional racism, which originates in the operation of established and respected forces in our society, and thus receives little public condemnation.  Shame on American whites, the comfortable and complacent, for allowing continued discrimination and oppression, however subtle it may be. 

As for Zimmerman and Martin ... without clear evidence as to what happened, I don't see how Zimmerman can be found guilty of anything close to manslaughter or murder.  He certainly should not have initiated a scenario with the potential to escalate to violence, which he did by following Martin too close, and for too long.  If it was murder .... and if there is enough evidence to it, then by all means we should convict and punish.  But given the lack of clear evidence, how does one convict on a murder or manslaughter charge? 

What jury is going to put a man in jail based on assumptions of what actually happened?  Martin's death is a tragedy, but that doesn't change the fact that there is too little evidence for conviction. 

It reminds me of the O.J. Simpson case.  Surely O. J. was guilty of the killings.  But the jury process did not convict.  Ridiculous.  Thank goodness he was made to suffer via other means.  Although Zimmerman's actions are not so clear as that of Simpson's, perhaps further evidence will allow for proper punishment for Zimmerman via the federal or civil actions.

sheclown

« Reply #140 on: July 15, 2013, 06:59:06 AM »
I haven't referred to anyone as a troll.  There's also been no response to my post on what I believe to be heavily skewed statistics.  Any comments? With that said, none of this stuff deals with the topic at hand, which is a kid losing losing his life for absolutely nothing and the instigator/shooter doing no time for it.

And this is the long and short of it.  Nothing else matters. 

thelakelander

• Metro Jacksonville
« Reply #141 on: July 15, 2013, 07:32:08 AM »

As for Zimmerman and Martin ... without clear evidence as to what happened, I don't see how Zimmerman can be found guilty of anything close to manslaughter or murder.  He certainly should not have initiated a scenario with the potential to escalate to violence, which he did by following Martin too close, and for too long.  If it was murder .... and if there is enough evidence to it, then by all means we should convict and punish.  But given the lack of clear evidence, how does one convict on a murder or manslaughter charge? 

What jury is going to put a man in jail based on assumptions of what actually happened?  Martin's death is a tragedy, but that doesn't change the fact that there is too little evidence for conviction. 

It reminds me of the O.J. Simpson case.  Surely O. J. was guilty of the killings.  But the jury process did not convict.  Ridiculous.  Thank goodness he was made to suffer via other means.  Although Zimmerman's actions are not so clear as that of Simpson's, perhaps further evidence will allow for proper punishment for Zimmerman via the federal or civil actions.

It seems the evidence is there for manslaughter and certainly the kid's civil rights were violated.  As I've continued to state, I don't think this is over by a long shot.  Nevertheless, we can't raise TM from the dead but we can work to save other innocent people from similar fates.

sheclown

« Reply #142 on: July 15, 2013, 07:36:57 AM »
Whatever is wrong, needs to be fixed.  And needs to be fixed quickly.  We cannot live in a world where this is allowed to happen. 

The message sent is more than alarming.

sheclown

« Reply #143 on: July 15, 2013, 08:18:08 AM »
go here to sign a petition.

http://www.naacp.org/page/s/doj-civil-rights-petition

If her son is not safe...

no mother's son is safe. 

bottom line.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2013, 08:21:53 AM by sheclown »

FSBA

« Reply #144 on: July 15, 2013, 08:28:10 AM »
It seems the evidence is there for manslaughter and certainly the kid's civil rights were violated.  As I've continued to state, I don't think this is over by a long shot.  Nevertheless, we can't raise TM from the dead but we can work to save other innocent people from similar fates.

What civil right was violated?

duvalbill

« Reply #145 on: July 15, 2013, 09:20:01 AM »
Whatever is wrong, needs to be fixed.  And needs to be fixed quickly.  We cannot live in a world where this is allowed to happen. 

The message sent is more than alarming.

What was the message? 

JeffreyS

« Reply #146 on: July 15, 2013, 09:29:27 AM »

I think your right there isn't an implicit right.  That is why I think we need to enact a law that expresses the right to flee danger without continuing harassment.  Certainly if we are allowed to use deadly force for just believing we are in danger we ought to be able to flee if we believe we are in danger.

IMO Zimmerman's continued pursuit, after he noted in the 911 call that TM was running, should constituent harassment (not stating that as law). If we make it law then his weapon would have been used in the act of a crime and not justifiable by self defense.

thelakelander

• Metro Jacksonville
« Reply #147 on: July 15, 2013, 09:35:54 AM »

I'm no attorney but many are saying his right to live is one. I guess we'll see in upcoming months.

MEGATRON

« Reply #148 on: July 15, 2013, 09:52:48 AM »

I think your right there isn't an implicit right.  That is why I think we need to enact a law that expresses the right to flee danger without continuing harassment.  Certainly if we are allowed to use deadly force for just believing we are in danger we ought to be able to flee if we believe we are in danger.

IMO Zimmerman's continued pursuit, after he noted in the 911 call that TM was running, should constituent harassment (not stating that as law). If we make it law then his weapon would have been used in the act of a crime and not justifiable by self defense.
Lots of folks trying to oversimplify this case by stating: "A 17 year old is dead, and that's all that needs to be said."  Unfortunately, its not that simple.  Zimmerman had to be found guilty beyond a reasonable doubt and the jury could not get to that level of certainty. 

thelakelander

• Metro Jacksonville
« Reply #149 on: July 15, 2013, 09:56:42 AM »
Yeah, it's not that simple. That's why I don't believe everything ends with this decision. Things are just beginning.