Author Topic: Groundwork Jacksonville Releases 10 Year Vision  (Read 7531 times)

mbwright

Re: Groundwork Jacksonville Releases 10 Year Vision
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2016, 08:41:31 AM »
The corps report was from 2002, 13 years ago, and what has been done?  Why on earth would another 10 years of vision be necessary?  While I generally disdain anything the corps does, (as far as fixing issues) this was a good statement of the obvious.

TheCat

• Metro Jacksonville
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2016, 12:07:35 PM »
Was the slideshow supposed to be a stand alone piece or was it part of a larger presentation.

There has to be a written plan, with actual information...

Houseboat Mike

« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2016, 12:22:55 PM »
OK, so they are going to proactively leverage their synergies around the paradigm, to achieve a matrix of high level resources.

got it.

caitarmstrong

« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2016, 12:32:34 PM »
I just want to be able to look at a high enough res version of the map that I could actually read the plan. Anyone have a link to anything legible?

http://media.bizj.us/view/img/8774252/emerald-necklace*750xx504-284-0-8.jpg
http://image.slidesharecdn.com/onesparkprez-140221184845-phpapp02/95/revitalizing-jacksonvilles-emerald-necklace-of-urban-park-space-2-638.jpg?cb=1393008689
http://media.bizj.us/view/img/2088971/emerald-necklace*180.png

tufsu1

« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2016, 01:00:01 PM »
Here is an email I received from Groundwork earlier today:

A Message from the CEO

Our task of cleaning and redeveloping Hogans and McCoys Creek and remediating their connecting greenways and trails will be hard. It will take time. It will require millions of dollars in public private funding. It will take hundreds of volunteers. It will take a high level of trust in us and our commitment to equitable development principles.

This will be a heavy lift.

Not every start-up receives an initial investment to assist in standing up the organization the right way, the first time. We did. This seed funding required us, with in the first 12 months, to conduct a deep strategic planning process including a market assessment. As a result, we pivoted our priorities, expanded our environmental justice footprint, created a focused-vision to avoid mission creep, developed a resource development plan, expanded our Board of Director membership, and created entrepreneurial-based sustainability strategy to sure up our long-term presence.

Thank you for following our progress from the very beginning. Thank you for attending our meetings. Thank you for participating in our engagement activities. Thank you for your sponsorships. Thanks for donating your professional services. Thank you for completing our surveys. Thank you for partnering with us. Thank you for following us on Facebook and twitter. Thank you for volunteering with us. Thank you for trusting us with your youth.

Most of all, thank you for believing in Groundwork Jacksonville. It will take all of us to make the Emerald Necklace what it was always intended to be.

We are strong. We are ready.
It's time to roll up our sleeves and get our hands dirty.

Dawn

Captain Zissou

« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2016, 01:27:01 PM »
Does their list of employees include "head thesaurus user and euphemism generator"?

tufsu1

« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2016, 02:42:24 PM »
What is an environmental justice footprint, exactly?

may I suggest searching the term "environmental justice" in Google.  You will learn that the Federal government requires this analysis for most capital projects.  And of course "footprint" would be the same thing as area.   

TheCat

• Metro Jacksonville
« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2016, 03:45:15 PM »
I want to believe but I get the sense we'll have an annual Ground Work Jax & Art Walk partnership by 2026.

Also, congrats to Art Walk for their consistency & longevity. Maybe, they deserve more credit for their efforts.

Gunnar

« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2016, 04:33:09 PM »
They should have added "holistic". Would have sounded even nicer

Noone

« Reply #24 on: March 04, 2016, 05:39:38 AM »
ENVIRONMENTAL ETHICS?
We are so LOST!
Meet with team RICO at the kayak launch at the end of Catherine St. on Hogans Creek.
Ask everyone.
It is easy to FIND

xplanner

« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2016, 04:43:44 PM »
You guys are looking through the wrong lens. Here's a professional's rule of thumb for Vision Plans. One third "Process". One third "Design Concept". One third "Who's going to pay for it, how, and when?" Vision Plans don't really need to talk about who did what last year. Those are called Annual Reports. Plans are forward-looking, ie:"what's next"? This isn't a traditional Vision Plan, this is a Organizational Startup Plan.

UNFurbanist

« Reply #26 on: March 06, 2016, 08:35:08 PM »

thelakelander

• Metro Jacksonville
« Reply #27 on: May 03, 2016, 04:43:50 PM »
Dawn Emerick is headed to Oregon....

Live_Oak

« Reply #28 on: May 04, 2016, 08:35:41 AM »
So does this mean "The Barge" isn't going to happen?  I was always a bit skeptical of it actually coming to fruition.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2016, 09:13:13 AM by Live_Oak »

Captain Zissou

« Reply #29 on: May 04, 2016, 09:15:00 AM »
I guess they left "changing management and starting over" out of the 10 year plan.