Poll

Should an amendment be attached to 2010-604 that would keep the 680' Public Pier separate from the 44 acres that was Shipyards/Landmar?

Yes
44 (91.7%)
No
4 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Voting closed: August 11, 2010, 04:18:46 PM

Author Topic: Downtown Jacksonville Public Pier  (Read 61586 times)

north miami

Re: Downtown Jacksonville Public Pier
« Reply #300 on: January 17, 2012, 07:30:48 PM »
Landmar's pier, including the ship like structure, was said to cost $3.5 million:

Jacksonville: LandMar launches Shipyards plan

The downtown pier would also feature a waterfall, grassy areas and trees.

Jacksonville's LandMar Group LLC unveiled a rendering

Chief Executive Officer Ed Bnot just along the river." million.

Christopher Calnan/The Times-Union

document??

This story can be found on Jacksonville.com at http://www.jacksonville.com/tu-online/stories/031005/bus_18175976.shtml.

Noone

« Reply #301 on: January 17, 2012, 08:03:52 PM »
$20million?!?!

That is so false it's not even laughable.

John, can you please forward me that email?

Still waiting on this email which itemizes this phantom $20million price tag.

Contact Scott Shine and Don Redman. We have both been down that road before. The conspiracy to deny the people of Jacksonville and the state of Florida should probably be elevated to an immediate Federal probe that will reopen Shipyards and will then have a subchapter Shipyards III.

And when you find out who is floating that $20,000,000 please share it with all the MJers too.

The Public Trust is just totally destroyed in this community.

Scott Shine at a meeting with the Recreational Fishing Alliance was asked about the Pier. I have no idea who advised, suggested, mentioned, floated, the $20,000,000 to him.

Don Redman is the lead person with 5 years of the institutional knowledge that received the memo from then JEDC Ron Barton that warned all council members about Landmar. Right now everyone not only in Jacksonville but throughout the state should be looking at this PUBLIC ACCESS issue. Regional Partners?

Be concerned. I'm scared to death.

Who wants to Kayak Hogans Creek or McCoys Creek under the Times Union?

Special shout out to Paul Anderson-New guy to the JPA
Lisa Rinamon
Neil Armingeon
Tara Meeks
Kelly Borree
Any commissioner of FIND
Any commissioner of the JWC
Mayor Brown
Dave Roman
Ron Littlepage
Anyone with the Governing Board of the SJRWMD
Anyone with the Recreational Fishing Alliance
Steve Patterson
Joe Wilhelm
David Chapman
Susan Cooper Eastman
Jacksonville city council members
Anne Schindler
Melissa Ross

The issue can still be put on the November 2012 ballot.

Another, Another, Another, special subcommittee meeting of the Jacksonville Waterways Commission meeting in just over 24 hours at 9:30 am on the 4Th floor of city hall.

I'm going.

And my message is.

"I am Downtown!" and "Why you aren't!"

« Last Edit: January 24, 2012, 06:15:21 AM by Noone »

north miami

« Reply #302 on: January 17, 2012, 08:31:52 PM »

As to Regional Partners,as it relates to surrounding counties........for decades they have played the assumed superior militant role,and are alert to competition.

Noone

« Reply #303 on: January 24, 2012, 06:21:51 AM »
Another, Another, Another special sub committee meeting of the Jacksonville Waterways Commission on 1/25/12 at 9:30 am 4Th floor city hall.

My message.

"I am Downtown" and "Why you aren't"

The Public Trust continues to be completely and totally destroyed.

VISIT JACKSONVILLE

or

DON"T VISIT JACKSONVILLE
« Last Edit: January 24, 2012, 06:24:53 AM by Noone »

Noone

« Reply #304 on: January 29, 2012, 07:30:49 AM »
Another, Another, Another, Another off the charts obscure meeting of a special sub committee meeting of The Jacksonville Waterways Commission that is escalating throughout the state for a number of reasons.

Some will be positive and some will be negative.

"I am Downtown" and I was proudly wearing my Mayor Alvin Brown kayak adventures t-shirt.

Has anyone ever received a notice from an elected official the night before notifying you of a canceled meeting and in fact that Public meeting wasn't canceled?

Despite that HUGE ethical violation I forged ahead and am ecstatic, euphoric, and ready to promote and help and assist in any way that I can a resurrected program that was established by ordinance 3 years ago.

I'm a member of the RFA Recreational Fishing Alliance and the artificial reef program is coming back. Given the Federal closures and to reestablish reefs in our river and within 3 miles of the ocean off our beaches is a great benefit to this community.

After this meeting I attended the Board meeting of Downtown Vision. Shared with them some updates of kayaking Downtown. Mentioned Sydney Gefen Park. What an awesome opportunity right now.

I also attended the Ethics Commission meeting at 4 in the St. James bldg. and shared with everyone my absolute shock at behind the door concerns of citizen participation. I'm not the bad guy.

I so much want to say.

VISIT JACKSONVILLE

We are Downtown. We Khan Make It Happen.

tufsu1

« Reply #305 on: January 29, 2012, 06:04:26 PM »
Has anyone ever received a notice from an elected official the night before notifying you of a canceled meeting and in fact that Public meeting wasn't canceled?

this is completely unacceptable....and the Councilman should be called out in a public meeting for this

north miami

« Reply #306 on: January 29, 2012, 08:32:30 PM »

this is completely unacceptable....and the Councilman should be called out in a public meeting for this

COJ Ethics review......

urbaknight

« Reply #307 on: January 30, 2012, 11:55:17 AM »

COJ Ethics review......

Put the entire council on trial!

urbanlibertarian

« Reply #308 on: January 31, 2012, 09:52:40 AM »

COJ Ethics review......

Dude, you seem to always have your torch and pitchfork ready for a march on (insert object of current outrage here).

urbaknight

« Reply #309 on: January 31, 2012, 12:22:20 PM »

COJ Ethics review......

Dude, you seem to always have your torch and pitchfork ready for a march on (insert object of current outrage here).

Yeah it's true, even when I lived up north I had problems with the powers that be. Up there, they're too far left. Down here they're too far right. They all suck, and it frustrates me that we allow these idiots to continue to control our lives.

north miami

« Reply #310 on: January 31, 2012, 09:54:41 PM »

Redman must have been bone tired and frustrated with the likes of Noone,pushed to the brink,to the point of uncharacteristic actual communication.........relief worth a frantic and reckless ruse......"meeting cancelled"

A theory

Noone

« Reply #311 on: February 01, 2012, 04:48:46 AM »
^NM, Just the absolute complete and total opposite. If anything after 5 years this is the first email that I can recall from my elected legislative representative that was initiated by him. I"M NOT THE BAD GUY!

I have never ever been contacted by an elected legislative representative at 9:20 at night notifying me of a Public meeting cancellation just 12 hours out and in fact that meeting wasn't cancelled and I'm one of 96 others that received that notice of a Public meeting. I attended 3 meetings on 1/25/12. Why was I singled out? Others were on the list and I asked them if they received an email from the Chair of Waterways notifying them that this meeting that they are attending was cancelled. They didn't receive an email.

Waterways Subcommittee meeting at 9:30. city hall
Downtown Vision Board meeting at 12.
Ethics Commission meeting at 4 back at city hall. Shared with the ethics commission this concern that has all transpired in less than 24 hours. Carla Miller is going to investigate this or Jon Phillips. Because the administration and the council are wondering if we really need to fund Ethics in Jacksonville. The Public Trust just destroyed in this community.

Remember 2010-856 The transient vendor ban and how at a whim meetings can be cancelled. There are other countless examples.

Field, How about your emails from Redman. Go back to this thread and the vote. What are we telling our Regional Partners? What will we now be telling the commissioners of FIND? Ron Barton warned the council about Shipyards III. Redman has the memo.

This is Tony Nelson month.

Visit Jacksonville-We have no Ethics (Tours are filling up fast)

north miami

« Reply #312 on: February 01, 2012, 08:40:50 PM »
^NM, Just the absolute complete and total opposite. If anything after 5 years this is the first email that I can recall from my elected legislative representative that was initiated by him. I"M NOT THE BAD GUY!

Understood. No collaborative discourse.

Noone

« Reply #313 on: February 14, 2012, 04:29:54 AM »

Redman must have been bone tired and frustrated with the likes of Noone,pushed to the brink,to the point of uncharacteristic actual communication.........relief worth a frantic and reckless ruse......"meeting cancelled"

A theory

I was the one who was either bone tired or frustrated with my elected legislative representative and I did include Don Redman Chair of Waterways in an email to our Ethics officer and the fact that he did respond to me is a blessing in disguise.

FIND is Good
Jacksonville is Lost

City council meeting tonight
Jacksonville Waterways Commission meeting tomorrow.
Governor Scott is aware of the issue. He has notified me that it is local. After March it will lose its local jurisdiction and then return to a state issue in my opinion. Councilman Redman do something. Anything. Set up your table at the pier and then take it home with you. This issue will escalate to a state wide joke and every inquiry can and should be addressed to you.

Who will get the promotion? Who will get fired?
Lets get to Work- Just not in Downtown Jacksonville especially on our St. Johns River our American Heritage River a FEDERAL Initiative.

Noone

« Reply #314 on: February 15, 2012, 06:45:32 AM »
Jacksonville Waterways Commission meeting in 3 hours. Does anybody care? I know the meeting is in the middle of the day and I'm fortunate to work around my schedule but time is running out. Call or email your councilman.  The pier can still be put on this years FIND list.  This is Shipyards III. Is everyone excited about the total Govt. takeover of the Downtown Independent Authority and how this will effect economic opportunity to waterway business? RAM, Palms Fish Camp, our St. Johns River our American Heritage River a Federal Initiative. Last night at the Jacksonville City council meeting I proudly donated to 2009-442. It Khan Happen Downtown.

Monopoly-Free Parking
Jacksonville-Free Pier

Visit Jacksonville
         or
Don't Visit Jacksonville

I am Downtown. And why you aren't.