Author Topic: Peter Rummell's Healthy Town Site Plan Released  (Read 23398 times)

PeeJayEss

Re: Peter Rummell's Healthy Town Site Plan Released
« Reply #90 on: December 01, 2015, 12:44:37 PM »
Or "Everybody That Lives Here Owns a Boat! District"

Captain Zissou

« Reply #91 on: December 01, 2015, 01:15:40 PM »
It's just, The District.  The motto is Life Well Lived.  The Jax is just to differentiate between this and theoretical future districts in other cities (that will likely already have developments named the District.

Go to http://thedistrictjax.com/

UNFurbanist

« Reply #92 on: December 01, 2015, 05:41:49 PM »
The District certainly has negative connotations to former UNF students who remember the apartment complex the district at Kernan which is kinda a dump haha. Good to see it moving forward though!

spuwho

« Reply #93 on: December 01, 2015, 09:25:46 PM »
The District certainly has negative connotations to former UNF students who remember the apartment complex the district at Kernan which is kinda a dump haha. Good to see it moving forward though!

The District on Kernan has new owners and they are cleaning the place up.  I agree, the previous owners in an effort to fill the place up had set the bar a little too low for quality.

The recent shooting there was a wake up call to drain the swamp and clean it up.

http://thedistrictonkernan.com/

Overstreet

« Reply #94 on: December 01, 2015, 11:04:06 PM »

You'd get that idea from the rendering. However most would not own a boat.  I know of a condo with marina in town that has maybe 20 slips and only one boat. 

Noone

« Reply #95 on: December 02, 2015, 05:17:30 AM »

+1

Noone

« Reply #96 on: December 02, 2015, 05:21:23 AM »
It's just, The District.  The motto is Life Well Lived.  The Jax is just to differentiate between this and theoretical future districts in other cities (that will likely already have developments named the District.

Go to http://thedistrictjax.com/

Tides are looking good for a District RICO loop. CZ you and me. Life Well Lived.

CCMjax

« Reply #97 on: December 02, 2015, 08:01:12 AM »
This project is still in the design phases.  I think I heard on the radio this morning a year until all the engineering and plans are complete.  If that's the case we will not see any dirt moving for a quite a while.  I could have heard that wrong though. 

UNFurbanist

« Reply #98 on: December 02, 2015, 10:52:52 AM »
^In the article I think it says that Rummel wants to turn dirt in Feb. 2016!

ProjectMaximus

« Reply #99 on: December 02, 2015, 12:45:57 PM »
^In the article I think it says that Rummel wants to turn dirt in Feb. 2016!

Odd because they are hoping to close April 27. Anyway, article also states site work would begin as soon as possible but buildings going vertical might be a year later.

BridgeTroll

« Reply #100 on: December 02, 2015, 01:41:04 PM »
I didn't notice... but will the District be Gated?

Tacachale

« Reply #101 on: December 02, 2015, 01:58:21 PM »
I didn't notice... but will the District be Gated?

They can't gate the whole thing, as there will be retail and office space.

acme54321

« Reply #102 on: December 02, 2015, 05:37:33 PM »
I don't think any of it with the exception of maybe some parking areas are planned to be gated.

Overstreet

« Reply #103 on: December 03, 2015, 07:57:28 AM »
This project is still in the design phases.  I think I heard on the radio this morning a year until all the engineering and plans are complete.  If that's the case we will not see any dirt moving for a quite a while.  I could have heard that wrong though.

If they are just now doing the borings a year is about right for general project. Specific buildings will take longer while the concept is developed further.

Captain Zissou

« Reply #104 on: May 12, 2016, 01:40:14 PM »
Rummell bought out Balanky and is the sole owner of the District project, according to JBJ.  It sounds like the timeline is also pushed back (no surprise there)... http://www.bizjournals.com/jacksonville/news/2016/05/12/rummell-buys-out-partner-in-former-healthy-town.html