Poll

Should an amendment be attached to 2010-604 that would keep the 680' Public Pier separate from the 44 acres that was Shipyards/Landmar?

Yes
44 (91.7%)
No
4 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Voting closed: August 11, 2010, 04:18:46 PM

Author Topic: Downtown Jacksonville Public Pier  (Read 61237 times)

Noone

Re: Downtown Jacksonville Public Pier
« Reply #390 on: May 18, 2013, 04:20:07 AM »
JCCI- JAX VISION 2025 just 5 hours out.

Can the city of the great LOST FIND FIND?

ricker

« Reply #391 on: May 22, 2013, 10:13:52 PM »

[/img]https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/253357_10151612747528493_1764785824_n.jpg[/img]

« Last Edit: May 22, 2013, 10:48:40 PM by ricker »

Noone

« Reply #392 on: May 23, 2013, 05:09:51 AM »
Ricker, Super pics. The top pick clearly shows you that it was pre demo of the lush vegetation entering Hogans Creek that was never before Waterways and was observed with JWC member Gary Anderson during one of our many clean ups.

Jax Pack meeting less then 5 hours out at Chamblen's. 7 more days on the RFI for Shipyards III. I've given up on asking you know who about you know what. Anybody, when is the next DIA noticed anything?

Will be making a Memorial Day paddle in our DIA zone.

Special shout out to any FBI RICO interns who aren't sitting in their comfy chairs.

It will be a bold, urban core, tactical kayak paddle that will make some NOISE in showing a multi county conspiracy to defraud the people of this country from their opportunity to engage in economic freedom. If you have a fishing license that is a plus because we will be fishing under the brand new No Fishing signs that was never before Waterways.

I am Downtown and why you aren't.

Noone

« Reply #393 on: May 24, 2013, 06:00:44 AM »
The Nov.2, 2011 Jacksonville Waterways FIND subcommittee meeting on canoe and kayak launches was sparsley attended.  Started at 10 and I'll just go right from the list of current submitted projects for the upcoming Nov. 9, Jacksonville Waterways Commission meeting at 9:30 in council chambers.

The Promised 680' Downtown Public Pier is not on the list. WHERE IS The ADMINISTRATION? SHIPYARDS III

1. Zoo Dock construction
2.Mayport Docks
3.Ft. George Inlet
4.Harborview Dredging
5.Sisters ICW dock Dredging
6.Reed Island
7.Charles Reese BR-Dock
8.Zoo Pkwy. Property
9.Atlantic Marine canoe launch
10.Exchange Island Dock
11. Continuation of Blue Cypress boardwalk
12.lighting at BR 

6 days out on the RFI on Shipyards III. Should the Public Floating Dock be outside  of this RFI? YES!

Pottsberg Creek dredge is on the FIND list. Shazam!

If you think for one second that we are getting more access and economic freedom to our Great St. Johns River our American Heritage River a FEDERAL Initiative in our new DIA restricted zone you are making one BOLD statement. Pick and choose the winners and losers.

I am Downtown and why you aren't.

Noone

« Reply #394 on: June 07, 2013, 08:08:02 AM »
Have you all just given up on Bay St. Pier Park?

Downtown Experience subcommittee meeting  of the DIA today 4pm. 1st floor city hall.

Noone

« Reply #395 on: June 07, 2013, 11:58:49 PM »
The 6/7/13 Downtown Experience subcommittee meeting of the DIA had an agenda. On the committee Tony Allegretti- Chair, Also present and committee member Mike Saylor. Committee member Don Harris was a No Show. Guest appearance by DIA Board member Melody Bishop.

On the agenda
Riverwalk Project- Vanessa Harper
Park Depot Project-Kathy Stark
Risk Managementand Special Event Permitting- Twane Duckworth

Tony Allegretti made it a Fun meeting from start to finish and if the agenda wasn't enough he also brought his kids. They were great and they have to be so proud of their Dad.

The Riverwalk Project by Vanessa Harper was a participant in One Spark and had an engaging video. I was able to ask a question and a concern. In the video I mentioned that the RAM dock is only opened when RAM is open. Also have they reached out to new Duval County school superintendent Vitti and they have an appt coming up. Do wish them well. Let's all make Downtown a Destination and not a pass through.

The Park Depot Project by Kathy Stark had help with Atlantic Beach Commissioner and Executive Director of the Timucuan Trail Parks Foundation Maria Marks. They are looking for a Downtown location.

Risk Management and Special Event Permitting by Twane Duckworth was short and is a HUGE news story in how everyone will be participating going forward in our DIA zone. Very good information and everyone will need to follow this closely.

Not on the agenda but allowed by the chair was a request by Mike Langton to use $1,000,000 of the $9,000,000 for a subsidy on retail rent.

During Public comment I shared the Jim Love, Kevin Kuzel, Berkman Floating dock compromise misrepresented by OGC during the 2013 FIND grant application process. This is our ad valorem property taxes. Not Good.

Also mentioned the benefit of 2009-442 the Artificial Reef Trust Fund.

Shared a concern about the floating dock at Shipyards III

Meeting was just over an hour.

JayBird

« Reply #396 on: June 08, 2013, 07:13:13 PM »
Noone, first let me commend your persistence! When I first started reading this thread I was like "wow, 27 pages thats a talked about topic" then going back to Page 1 I saw it was started almost 3 years ago. I made it through first 3 pages full of great ideas, then just ran out of time. Second, thank you for making me Google what "American Heritage River, a Federal Initiative" was because I think you put it in all your posts. If you are ever in need of a job, please contact me, because drive and determination is very rare.
Now, bringing it to today ... Why has it taken almost 3 years and still trying to get them to separate the pier? Is there a reason city is dragging feet or did key people get rotated out in an election? I for one cannot wait for something, right about now anything, to be done on the old Shipyards property. Could you perhaps give just a paragraph to bring myself (and maybe others joining in lately) up to speed on what the past 3 years has done and what you hope the people of Jax to do? Primarily I am confused as to is it still trying to be a fishing pier or is it something with kayak piers going? Thanks ahead of time for clearing up a confused individual.

Noone

« Reply #397 on: June 12, 2013, 07:14:55 AM »
JB, didn't forget about you. How would you like to kayak Downtown? I'm serious.  Waterways meeting in 2 1/2 hours. The Public Trust just destroyed. Pick and choose the winners and losers. Will be donating to 2009-442 a TRUST fund.

JayBird

« Reply #398 on: June 12, 2013, 07:38:59 AM »
Are you kidding, I would jump at the chance to do so! However, I am out of town because job keeps me in NYC typically Mon - Wed/Thur. But please continue to post upcoming stuff because if I am in Florida, I will be there!

Noone

« Reply #399 on: October 09, 2013, 05:52:06 AM »
Governor Scott, Please help.

Jacksonville Waterways Commission meeting just 3 1/2 hours out. We are so LOST. Will there be a FIND update? The total statewide crushing of the PUBLIC TRUST.

Paul Astleford is a hero.

Has anyone seen the new Waterways signage Downtown? DIA meetings later today. Anyone going?

Pick and choose the winners and losers.

SHIPYARDS III

Does anybody care?

Noone

« Reply #400 on: October 14, 2013, 09:42:19 AM »
2013-669 in Rules today and just 30 minutes out. Have an email into my elected Dist.4 representative to attach an amendment that coul have the 680' Downtown Public Pier separate from the 40 plus Shipyards/Landmar property. Councilman Redman is on Rules. This is in his District. Don Redman is also the chair of Waterways.
Councilwoman Boyer a member of Waterways pointed out cherry picked pieces of legislation at the last 10/8/13 Jacksonville Waterways Commission meeting.
The total crushing of the Public Trust.

Will a motion be advanced at Rules?
Has anyone seen the new Waterways signage that was never before Waterways?

Noone

« Reply #401 on: October 14, 2013, 10:35:14 AM »
The Public Trust just crushed because it's true.
2013-669 Deferred
2013-694 an amendment
So many examples.
MJ'ers remember that meeting with the 20 city council comfy chairs taken up as an emergency and no Public Comment. That was positive.
Palms Fish Camp a million bucks and you never even open the door.
So many more examples.
And let's not forget Springfield and all the positive demolitions.

Noone

« Reply #402 on: December 11, 2013, 08:10:34 AM »
Can this still happen?

Noone

« Reply #403 on: January 08, 2014, 05:04:35 AM »
Just found out about the Super Duper Secret 2014 FIND subcommittee meeting of the Jacksonville Waterways Commission that is scheduled for 1/14/14 at 9:30 am in Conf. Room A at city hall. Full meeting of the Jacksonville Waterways Commission is the next day at 9am in city council chambers.

The 2013 FIND grant application process was awesome. This is our property tax money.

Shipyards III and the Historic Promised 680' Downtown Public Pier can be added to the list.  It's just a list. The pier wasn't on the list last year. We have all given up on asking you know who about supporting this. Will it be added to the 2014 FIND grant application list?

At a recent DIA Board meeting Board member Mike Saylor pointed out that this new DIA will have total control of over 3 miles of Riverfront. The DIA boundary is from The Fuller Warren Bridge to the Mathews Bridge.

Are we as a community getting more Public Access and economic opportunity to our St. Johns River our American Heritage River a FEDERAL Initiative in our new highly restricted DIA zone? I'd say NO!

Overstreet

« Reply #404 on: January 08, 2014, 08:57:19 AM »
I just came back from doing a job in Tampa. Having seen a little of the what to do with the St Pete peir issue I'm thinking it may be more of a liability than positive. The whole discussion sounded like a "courthouse" like dollars design expenditure wrapped up in a "Jacksonville Landing" like discussion on what to do with the old peir. Which resulted in nobody being happy. Except maybe the ones that blocked the vote on rebuilding.