Poll

Should an amendment be attached to 2010-604 that would keep the 680' Public Pier separate from the 44 acres that was Shipyards/Landmar?

Yes
44 (91.7%)
No
4 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Voting closed: August 11, 2010, 04:18:46 PM

Author Topic: Downtown Jacksonville Public Pier  (Read 61226 times)

Noone

Re: Downtown Jacksonville Public Pier
« Reply #375 on: April 10, 2013, 07:30:37 AM »
Two hours out. Anybody going? For all of those MJ'ers that were at the city council last night and personally witnessed 2013-214 and the taxpayer expenditure of almost $20,000 for the emergency action and the waiving of competitive bids for 20 new comfy chairs you should be scared to death. The total crushing of the Public Trust. 2012-202- Free Parking!

Will be making a donation to 2009-442 the Artificial Reef Trust Fund. 6 permitted reefs south of the Fuller Warren Bridge. FDOT, Where are you? Write City of Jacksonville on the check. Put 2009-442 on the check. put in the river on the check. Public, Private, Partnership.

Will be making another plea for the Jim Love, Kevin Kuzel, Berkman floating dock compromise (Shipyards III) that was misrepresented by OGC to the Jacksonville Waterways Commission during the 2013 FIND grant application process.

Governor Scott, please help.

Ben Werner -JCCI we need to kayak Downtown before 2025.

Ben Warner

« Reply #376 on: April 10, 2013, 07:57:50 AM »
Yes, we do need to kayak, John.

Noone

« Reply #377 on: April 10, 2013, 08:23:05 AM »
Ben, appreciate the response back but in an hour I'll be making another plea that in my opinion has Regional implications as to the Vision of Public Access to our Waterways especially Downtown.

We were together for the JCCI River Dance- Putting the River in River City.

Today it will be putting the PUBLIC back into Public Access.

The legislative opportunity exists right now. let's hope the legislative will can happen today instead of waiting till 2025.

Tides look good tomorrow. If Mark Woods can be a bat boy you can be my mate in the kayak.

Noone

« Reply #378 on: April 10, 2013, 12:48:26 PM »
Does anybody care?
1st on the agenda was Presentation on St. Johns River Innitiatives- Vince Seibold, Chief, Environmental Quality Division was let go yesterday. Gone. SOL. Bye-Bye. So wrong. For sharing a concern in a Public meeting when asked a question.

FIND update on 2012 grants
Pottsburg Creek dredge $250,000. Design started. Somebody ask about this project.

Will have more later. Just one person for Public Comment.

Our St. johns River our American Heritage River a Federal Initiative in our newly created DIA zone. I'm scared to death.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2013, 07:41:54 AM by Noone »

Noone

« Reply #379 on: April 22, 2013, 11:03:46 PM »
Does anybody care?
Palms Fish Camp- How do you sign up for this stuff?
Vince Seibold - Chief, Environmental Quality Division fired for sharing a concern in a Public meeting.
How many votes did the USS Adams get at One Spark?
Shipyards III
The  Jim Love, Kevin Kuzel Berkman floating dock compromise misrepresented by OGC during the 2013 FIND grant application process.
Does anybody want to write a check to 2009-442? The Artificial Reef Trust Fund.
Ben - JCCI - We need to kayak Downtown before 2025.

Going from the minutes of the March, 13, 2013 Jacksonville Waterways Commission meeting.
In attendance: at the Feb. 13, 2013 meeting. Council members Jim Love (Chair), Lori Boyer (Vice Chair), John Crescimbeni, Commissioners Gary Anderson, Ed Fleming, John Godfrey, Ralph Hodges, Scott Shine, Stephen Swann, Penny Thompson; Commissioners Lane Burnett, Ray Pringle, State representative Lake Ray were excused. Paige Johnston,OGC; Dr. White, Dr. Pinto, JU; Capt. Jim Suber, Waterways Coordinator; Marilyn Allen, Legislative Assistant; Tera Meeks, Chief, Waterfront Management Programming; Gary Kresel, Jody McDaniel, Planning& Development Dept. James Richardson, Environmental Protection Board; Geoffrey Sample, SJRWMD, Lisa Rinaman, St. Johns Riverkeeper; David Hahn, Public Works Dept. Atty. Tom Ingram;Larry Salomon, NW CPAC; Tracy Arpen, Sandy Arpen, Mandarin Museum & Historical Society; Gabriele Dempsey, Mandarin Museum & Historical Society; Karen Droege; John Pittman; John Nooney, Recreational Fishing Alliance; Bill Parker;Denise Highes, Jacksonville Reef Research Team; Jeff Edawards; Kevin Kuzel, ECA (Love), John J. Jackson, Council Research Division.

So on the agenda
Two pieces of legislation 2013-106, and 2013-138
III - Florida Boater Improvement Fund Expenses - Commissioner Scott Shine
IV- St. Johns River status report Water quality & Manatee- Dr. White and Dr. Pinto, JU
V- St. John River Issue update- Lisa Rinaman, St. Johns Riverkeeper
VI- Riverwalk Project- Vanessa K. Harper,
VII-OLd & new business
VIII- Public Comment

When I first heard of the Riverwalk Project my initial thought was a presentation that past Waterways Commission members had on Shipyards and Landmar and it was going to be on the upcoming North and Southbank Riverwalk improvements but instead it was a One Spark presentation. it was nice that they were on the agenda. How many votes did the USS Adams get?
made another donation to 2009-442.

The Commissioners of FIND we're in Flagler county and it will and should be a statewide joke that after 5 years and I  still don't have one single sponsor to take back to the commissioners of FIND for a pocket park/Pocket Pier. The total crushing of the Public Trust. Pick and choose the winners and losers.

« Last Edit: April 22, 2013, 11:07:56 PM by Noone »

Noone

« Reply #380 on: April 22, 2013, 11:56:05 PM »
Does anybody care?
13 days ago was the April 10, 2013 Jacksonville Waterways Commission meeting.

So going from the minutes. At the March, 13, 2013 in attendance Council member Jim Love (Chair), Lori Boyer (Vice Chair), John Crescimbeni; Commissioners Gary Anderson, Ed Fleming, John Godfrey, Ralph Hodges, Ray Pringle, Scott Shine, Stephen Swann, Penny Thompson; Commissioner Lane Burnett, and state Rep Lake Ray were excused. Paige Johnston, OGC; Dr. White, JU; Capt. Jim Suber, Waterways Coordinator; Tera Meeks, Chief Waterfront Management Programming; James Richardson, Environmental Protection Board; Vince Seibold, Chief, Water Quality Division; Capt. mike Getchell, Jacksonville Marine Transportation Exchange; Lisa Rinaman, St. johns Riverkeeper; Geoffrey Sample, SJRWMD; Radha Pyati, UNF; Lt. Commander Robert Butts, USCG; Mike Hollingsworth, United States Army Corps of Engineers; Marilyn Allen, Legislative Asst. John J. Jackson, City Council Research Division

So to the agenda
I- Approval of minutes.
II- Presentation of St. johns River Innitiatives- Vince Seibold, Chief, Environmental Quality Division- FIRED the day before.
III- St. Johns River Status Report
      Water Quality & Manatee - Dr. White, Dr. Pinto, JU
IV- St. Johns River Issue Update- Lisa Rinaman, St. Johns Riverkeeper
V- Old Business, New Business
VI - Public Comment

During Public Comment made another donation to 2009-442. The Artificial Reef Trust Fund. 6 permitted reefs south of the Fuller Warren Bridge.
Mentioned the Jim Love, Kevin Kuzel Berkman Floating dock compromise Shipyards III that was misrepresented by OGC during the 2013 FIND grant application process.
I've given up on asking you know who about you know what.
Palms Fish Camp- Corruption
Seriously looking for any FBI guys or gals interested in a RICO paddle Downtown. Bonus if you have your fishing license. We'll take it under the brand new No Fishing signs that was never before Waterways.
Don Redman, Scott, Dave did we get any votes or honorable mentions for Palmer Terrace Park? How about a kayak logo at Sydney Gefen Park? Berkman Floating dock next to Shipyards?

Ben- JCCI- We need to kayak Downtown before 2025.

Overstreet

« Reply #381 on: April 23, 2013, 12:50:49 PM »
So Noone, are you going to have a booth at the Rivercity Challenge and Eco Fest this Saturday?

Noone

« Reply #382 on: April 25, 2013, 06:21:19 AM »
^Not this year. I do wish them well and success with their event. Had a blast last year.

I'll be at the great meeting of the LOST today at 1 pm 4th floor city hall. Shipyards III appears to be real. The complete and total absolute destruction of the Public Trust. In my opinion this will be nothing more than a dog and pony show. I really hope the FBI shows up.
Wake up Jacksonville!
Our Waterways should be exploding with vibrancy and activity. Who deserves the FBI RICO award for the Waterways?
Pick and choose the winners and losers.
Palms Fish Camp, Palms Fish Camp, Palms Fish Camp next to a FIND project. Who wrote the contract from OGC? A million bucks and you never even open up the door. Sign me up for this stuff. How do you participate in the circle of corruption?
Does everyone remember the original grand jury Investigation into Shipyards? $36,500,000 GONE.
Super Duper props to Boyer, Love, Kuzel and the soon to be world wide famous Berkman Plaza floating dock compromise ( Shipyards III) misrepresented by OGC to the Waterways Commission during the 2013 FIND grant application process. Our ad valorem property taxes. Governor Scott- Please help.
Under Redman we left $500,000 of FIND money on the table. He was Chair of Waterways at the time.
Under Redman $250,000 the  Pottsburg Creek dredge. If not complete we will lose $250,000
Mayor Brown 6 artificial Reefs south of the Fuller Warren Bridge already permitted and may be able to be done for $100,000 or less. 2009-442. Does anyone want to write a check for a buck? FDOT is aware of the issue as is Waterways.

Downtown Jacksonville Public Pier- Each launch is a Spark.

Ben- JCCI we need to kayak Downtown before 2025

Spence

« Reply #383 on: April 25, 2013, 08:16:53 AM »
Noone,

Please pardon my inability to decipher exactly what you are stating.

Could you please elaborate and help me understand your stanzas?

InnerCityPressure

« Reply #384 on: April 25, 2013, 08:51:22 AM »
^ Agreed.  Sounds like the Waterways Commission have driven you mad.

• What is the Palms Fish Camp corruption?
  • Are we missing out on money from FIND?
  • What is the story on six artificial reefs? What is the benefit?

urbaknight

« Reply #385 on: April 25, 2013, 04:09:21 PM »
I am glad that the river has such an advocate. But maybe explain in better detail what you're saying. I wish someone would be that aggressive with JTA. I'm trying, but am not politically correct enough. (you all have seen my posts) I'm trying to evolve my way of thinking and speaking. Going to public forums such as JAX2025 is really helpfull to me.

Noone

« Reply #386 on: May 04, 2013, 07:17:45 PM »
I agree the public should have use of this pier. The bill that is currently before the City Council brings the property back to the City of Jacksonville. Once we own the property we can decide the best uses. I really do not see any reason to split City property up. It will cost money to survey and rewrite legal descriptions and record new deeds. I am not against legislation that requires the pier be kept a part of the public space including the public space where I hope to see a completed Riverwalk. I do think the plan should be well thought out. We should include the Parks Dept and JEDC. We need to make sure it is safe, possibly adding guard rails or whatever else may be needed.

Scott A. Wilson
Assistant to Don Redman
Jacksonville City Council
District Four
904-630-1394

The 5/3/13 Downtown Experience subcommittee meeting of the new DIA and the announcement that there is an RFI! RFP! that is hitting the streets for the next 30 days on the entire Shipyards III property and sitting next to Scott Wilson while this was being announced has me posting on this thread. We are so LOST.

While sitting next to Scott I did ask him if anybody has gotten back with him on the cost for the Pottsberg Creek dredge which has a $250,000 design commitment with FIND ( Florida Inland Navigation District) The answer was NO. In fact he doesn't even know the name of the company that is doing the design work. We are so LOST.

So who is on the DIA Downtown Experience subcommittee? You wouldn't have a clue because there wasn't an agenda. This meeting did have a guest appearance by DIA Board member Oliver Barakat and I only know that because he did say before participating in a discussion "Thanks for inviting me. This is my first time at this subcommittee."  Oliver asks some really good questions.

The format of the meeting is like watching home movies from a slide show. One Spark was a huge success with ove 500,000 people participating. People were directed to participate at any time with Q&A's.

During Public comment and I shared this with Scott on my speaker card was a request that the DIA at the next Board meeting sponsor a resolution of support for a Boat Ramp Master Plan that is being advanced by Jacksonville Waterways Commission member Scott Shine and he is trying to get it included in the 2013 FIND application package. Chair Tony Allegretti asked for the last plan that was done in 2002 and Scott Wilson volunteered to get it to everyone and has done that. This is a positive benefit that the DIA can get behind and support.

Jack Shad was in attendance and there is some positive movement on bike parking at metered parking spots. lots of little issues but that is also moving in a positive direction.

Another observation and concern that I had and shared during Public Comment was Shipyards III and the concern of the vacant Public Floating dock. Jax Pack hope your paying attention to this one. I asked if I or anyone else wanted to pull up to this Public floating dock and wanted to have a picnic or read a book could I and the answer is NO!!!  Tides look good next week. If there are any FBI RICO interns and looking for extra credit give me a call. This also reminds me of the Jim Love, Kevin Kuzel Berkman Floating dock compromise that was misrepresented by OGC to the Jacksonville Waterways Commission during the 2013 FIND grant application process. Pick and choose the winners and losers.

Another interesting update should be the private, secret meeting to discuss Insurance. We will be told what has been decided.

A new Authority
Embrace It
Or
It will Embrace us

Noone

« Reply #387 on: May 04, 2013, 07:35:15 PM »
Noone,

Please pardon my inability to decipher exactly what you are stating.

Could you please elaborate and help me understand your stanzas?

Spence- what is your favorite stanza?

Noone

« Reply #388 on: May 04, 2013, 08:02:31 PM »
^ Agreed.  Sounds like the Waterways Commission have driven you mad.

• What is the Palms Fish Camp corruption?
  • Are we missing out on money from FIND?
  • What is the story on six artificial reefs? What is the benefit?

ICP- Yes we are missing out on FIND money.

Palms Fish Camp - We should all find out who was the OGC attorney that wrote up this deal to start. But it's a restaurant next to a FIND project and the owner never even opened the door and what is it now 8 years later and the city shut him down and is now counter suing for a million bucks. What a joke. Do you remember the original Shipyards and the Grand Jury Investigation? that was $36,500,000 of taxpayer money.

The 6 Permitted Artificial Reefs in the River south of the Fuller Warren is an immediate Huge benefit that can happen now. It was brought back to life as a result of a Jacksonville Waterway Commission meeting when during Public Comment Capt. Vic Tison and Capt. Roger Bump both with the RFA Recreational Fishing Alliance spoke about snapper closures offshore.

This resulted in a JWC Artificial Reef Subcommittee that was chaired by Scott Shine. During one of these meetings former COJ biologist and not sure of his exact title or Dept. Dana Morton (Super guy)made everyone aware of this reef option in the river. It was also disclosed at this time that there was legislation for this 2009-442.

Lori Boyer in my opinion is a champion of this and let's hope that the momentum continues on this positive benefit and will continue in joining Mayor Brown in making Downtown a Destination and not a pass through. FDOT is another partner.

ICP- Do you fish? The benefit is that you are creating fish habitat in 200'X200 location and I need to check on that number. ICP, rumor has it that each reef will have a former Jacksonville city council chair.

Noone

« Reply #389 on: May 14, 2013, 06:17:00 AM »
There is an open RFI for Shipyards/Landmar #AD-0547-13 and it closes on May30, 2013.  16 days. What a joke?  Has this been reported on TV. In the paper, on any news station?  Does anyone no anyone who is going to submit anything?